Author Topic: Question about which light curve to use  (Read 1031 times)

Offline jwilliams31

• Williams Family Christmas Lights
Question about which light curve to use
« on: December 06, 2013, »
So I've added some LED elements this year and naturally they don't dim the same way the incandescent lights do.  However, most of my LEDs are on decorations and are not individual strings.

For example, I have some stars that have 50 cool white minis (M6 I think they'd be).  So what curve would I use?  Just pick one for a 50 count and see how it looks?

Then I also have some GE strings, but they don't exactly match the GEs listed.   They are 50 count Energy Smart lights that look like strawberries (red obviously).  I want to say C9 size, but that is just a cover.  The actual LED is one of the small ones (that look like a pencil eraser).  So, again, would I just have to pick a 50 count curve and hope for the best?

Any advice would be appreciated.  LEDs are new to me and my display, and I'm looking to add more next year.

Thanks.

Jason
Einstein once said: "There are two things that are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not too sure about the universe."

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: Question about which light curve to use
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, »
I think you have found the secret.  Just keep trying all of them to see which one make you feel good.  I don't remember any updates to the light curve stuff for a VERY, VERY LONG TIME.  As for me I don't bother with trying to figure this stuff out.  Way too many other things to worry about.  Good luck with finding one that works.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline jwilliams31

• Williams Family Christmas Lights
Re: Question about which light curve to use
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2013, »
True, I just sometimes get OCD about stuff like this when you're watching the show and it just doesn't look quite right.

I guess the more LEDs I add, the less odd it will look.

Thanks.
Einstein once said: "There are two things that are infinite; the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not too sure about the universe."