Author Topic: singing faces in a pixel mega tree?  (Read 2454 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
singing faces in a pixel mega tree?
« on: December 07, 2013, »
is it possible to do singing faces in the pixel tree? I am doing the Grinch and it would be really awesome if the effect is possible
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: singing faces in a pixel mega tree?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, »
guess not
Florence, KY

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, »
you can convert movies to animated gifs and load the animated gifs onto any matrix (and a tree is a matrix, btw).

so, yes its possible.

sean had mentioned a planned feature (...but I suspect it will be a feature seen next year) -- this one was to have a collection of bitmap faces (different expressions, and different characters) with the ability to work with the papagayo files and system.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, »
LSP can use animated gifs in the transitions, I'm sure they have a video of in their virtual classroom.

There was a fellow that made up a running fox for his megatree, so a Grinch, even a smiling, one tooth Grinch, should not be too bad.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
you can convert movies to animated gifs and load the animated gifs onto any matrix (and a tree is a matrix, btw).

so, yes its possible.

sean had mentioned a planned feature (...but I suspect it will be a feature seen next year) -- this one was to have a collection of bitmap faces (different expressions, and different characters) with the ability to work with the papagayo files and system.

what converter software do you recommend?
Florence, KY

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2013, »
Check out this video.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.  This was done using Light-o-rama's cosmic ribbon software.

Lightshow pro has a built in animator or can convert video to strings.  Using straight video though may not work too well unless you have lots of pixels because the effective resolution isn't high enough.   For best results, you really want per pixel control.  Here is a video on using LSP 2.0 and video to sequence.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  There are also videos on how to use the matrix animator on LSP's site.