Author Topic: Channel offset problem with multiple hubs - SOLVED  (Read 1177 times)

Offline plaberge

• Every good project requires a new tool
    • Laberge Christmas Lights
I've got a 24 strand X 120 flexstrip megatree this year that requires three hubs to support all the channels. The first hub is set to Pixelnet#1 and runs the first two flexstrips, the second is a passive hub (set to Pixelnet 2), which runs strips 3 to 13 and the thirds is an active hub (pixelnet 3) that runs strips 14 to 24.

When I power everything up (but with no effects running) the first two pixels of strip 3 (the first of the pixelnet 2 are lit purple-white). When I play a show using Xlights, everything is almost OK except that those two pixels are still on and the bottom two pixels of strips 4 to 13 are off. In fact if I output a bar, I see that the effect is offset two pixels for strips 3 to 13 compare to strips 1&2. The same sort of thing happens for strips 14 to 24, except now they are offset 4 pixels. I'm using all V4 SSCs for the megatree.

I've changed out the SSCs, reflashed the active hubs but to no effect.  I changed the start channel on the SSC that drives flexstrip #3 to skip the first 16 channels - the lit pixels went away but the two pixel offset remains. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Or what I could try next to figure it out?

Paul.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, by plaberge »
- Paul
  North Vancouver, BC
  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline CaptainMurdoch

Re: Channel offset problem with multiple hubs
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, »
What start channels are you setting in the utility when you program the SSC's driving strips 3 and 14?  Also, what channel numbers did you set in xLights as the start channels for these two strips?

Offline plaberge

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, »
Initially I set strip 3 to start at channel 4097 and strip 14 to start at 8193. With that I got the two lit pixels as soon as I powered up the active hub. I then offset strip 3 to 13 by 15 channels with strip 3 now starting at 4113. The the lit pixels went away but still have the channel offset.
- Paul
  North Vancouver, BC

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, »
That is your problem. Your start channel should not be above 4096. SSC's should always be between 1-4096. This attachment explains it well.

Offline plaberge

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, »
Thank you! My first time I've with more than one hub. I didn't see that document in the wiki... I'm sure I won't be the last one to make that mistake.

Paul.
- Paul
  North Vancouver, BC