Author Topic: Jezz black RJ45 jacks on hub  (Read 844 times)

Offline jess_her

Jezz black RJ45 jacks on hub
« on: December 07, 2013, »
Struggled getting my shows stable, tracked it down to the jacks. Looking inside the female jacks, they have turned black.  Lucky I had a spare hub. They must be  silver  plated.Thinking about using either corrosion X or dielectric silicone grease to keep them from oxidizing. The other interesting note is that the male jacks are gold plated and they are perfect being no corrosion. I wonder if it would help the cause to change the female jacks and new builds over to gold plated.
Jess
Only limitations in life is your imagination

Offline arw01

Re: Jezz black RJ45 jacks on hub
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, »
I noticed my monoprice cables all list bare copper, I did not spray anything but pigtails with corrosion X, will check the hubs at the end of the show and likely spray them down too!

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, by arw01 »

Offline drlucas

Re: Jezz black RJ45 jacks on hub
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, »
I had two go bad on me within a week.....so I put grease on ones that I could access easily, and I swapped the rj45 for the 3 core pigtails and made little rj-45 to 3core connectors that sat inside the closed box. haven't had any issues since. now it's hard to say for sure if that grease did the trick as it's black when it goes on so can't tell if the ends are bad - other than the fact I've had no issue since. 
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -