Author Topic: xlights/nutcracker xml file for two songs...  (Read 2882 times)

Offline drlucas

xlights/nutcracker xml file for two songs...
« on: December 07, 2013, »
I'm wondering if anyone has a xlights sequence to share? I have finished up all my dmx elements and want to overlay some nutcracker effects on Mad Russian and Musicbox Dancer. My typical approach is mark up the changes in Audacity then hit random a few hundred times, locking in effects that I think look good at the time. Before I get started on this approach for these two songs, I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share their sequences...

I have a couple of windows, a few straight lines, 12 strand megatree and 3 arches for my elements, so if anyone has anything that fits the mold I wouldn't mind taking a look at slicing and dicing.

If possible, i'd appreciate, if you don't want to give up your hard work and efforts as well, I understand. 
Cheers!
Ryan
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline arw01

Re: xlights/nutcracker xml file for two songs...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, »
I was playing with that very process myself on Linus and Lucy thinking the piano thing would be pretty cool on it.  No mega tree here, just a real bush with 200 nodes that i haven't finished programming properly into LSP yet either.

Be happy to share when I finish it sometime in the next few days.  Was working on Heatmiser in LSP first.

Alan

Offline drlucas

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, »
I'll be sure to send along the XML when I'm done tomorrow. Been a long day with adding the fm station sign back into all the sequences. Also happy with the results of the antenna.

It was a very quiet night on the street though. Hoping after the mayors bus tour on Wednesday night things pick up a bit. If not oh well.  I love the show!!!
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline drlucas

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, »
See that in the new folders for xlights, there are a couple of xml files...

linus and lucy ,Christmas canon, carol of the bells, amazing grace and queen of the winter night. looks like the last two are the most complex of files....will have a look at them and see how they look as amazing grace is one of the songs i'm working on this year too. 
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline tindivall

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, »
It seems to me the xml files in the songs folder only have a MTree model in them, which you have a tree that is great but still doesn't take into account arches, single strand eaves, etc... so you will still have to program effects for them

I have been working Carol of Bells (Instrumental) which I will attach the xml file for here... since this is my first year don't have video to show what each model is but will try to explain:

4 Columns with 2 strips per column (so set them up as vertical matrix)...
3 Single strands on the eaves
8 arches (but the strips are folded over so that is described as arch top and arch bottom)
10 North Pole Globes (set up as single strand) .... Globes have 4 (3 led) modules...

Anyways here is the file: (remember my first year so not nearly as fancy as Sean's)

Offline drlucas

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, »
Here is my carol of the bells xml for now...i'll get a video on my site of it in the next couple of days.

Will check out the one you sent tonight and see how those arches look!!
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline drlucas

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, »
So, I just did some mapping of the elements and it's a really nice show!! I'm going to go add a tree in and go take a video. Will post up youtube link when i'm done in an hour or so. For your first year, you've done a TOP notch job! WoW.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It seems to me the xml files in the songs folder only have a MTree model in them, which you have a tree that is great but still doesn't take into account arches, single strand eaves, etc... so you will still have to program effects for them

I have been working Carol of Bells (Instrumental) which I will attach the xml file for here... since this is my first year don't have video to show what each model is but will try to explain:

8 arches (but the strips are folded over so that is described as arch top and arch bottom)
10 North Pole Globes (set up as single strand) .... Globes have 4 (3 led) modules...

Anyways here is the file: (remember my first year so not nearly as fancy as Sean's)
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, »
I'm having a difficult time finding the associated soundtrack for this and the other items that get posted.
I thought sean had a readme that listed the source of the tracks under the xlights folder -- but the README only lists 6 of the songs.
In the sequence below, I don't see a link to the song anywhere... am I missing the decoder ring?  :)

there must be dozens of carol of bells versions out there.

thx!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, »
I think one of the things that we need when sharing sequences is basic info like tindivall shared telling what you basic elements are and their count.  Even if I don't have the same type of element I have found that having the same counts or some multiples of them makes for elements that can be shared.  For instance I have 16 mini trees but I have downloaded sequences that have only had 8 mini trees.  I just copied those 8 to both my 1-8 and my 9-16.  I have found some that had 4 bushes which I mapped to 4 windows.  Hope that was clearer than mud.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline drlucas

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, »
Sean gets his from Amazon....I'm an iTunes kinda of guy.

This one is from Gift Wrapped Vol II - snowed In.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login track #9

youtube being uploaded now.
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline drlucas

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, »

the above website is where ALL the songs are linked too...
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline drlucas

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, »
Resulting video....

Looks really nice! (sorry about the wifes van in the drive way and a few drive-bys in the vid)
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline tindivall

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, »
I'm having a difficult time finding the associated soundtrack for this and the other items that get posted.
I thought sean had a readme that listed the source of the tracks under the xlights folder -- but the README only lists 6 of the songs.
In the sequence below, I don't see a link to the song anywhere... am I missing the decoder ring?  :)

there must be dozens of carol of bells versions out there.

thx!

I apologize Steve I should have linked the version of the song... I got the link off of Sean's page which Ryan linked already.   I agree in the future if we are going to share xml files should also provide a link to the song, i will try to do that in the future.

As far as the links to songs inside the xlights song folder, I know it is Sean's intent to provide README files for the songs that contain information (such as the link to where to download) but it just isn't there yet. He added quite a few songs from .10 to . 11 release and included some .xml files so it possible he just hasn't gotten to that yet.

Finally, Ryan... Thanks! 1) for the compliment of my sequence and 2) for the video, enjoyed being able to see it!   Hopefully this weekend I will be able to go live and have my own video.

Offline tindivall

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, »
I think one of the things that we need when sharing sequences is basic info like tindivall shared telling what you basic elements are and their count.  Even if I don't have the same type of element I have found that having the same counts or some multiples of them makes for elements that can be shared.  For instance I have 16 mini trees but I have downloaded sequences that have only had 8 mini trees.  I just copied those 8 to both my 1-8 and my 9-16.  I have found some that had 4 bushes which I mapped to 4 windows.  Hope that was clearer than mud.

I couldn't agree more Jim!  Just like your example of mini trees... I have 8 arches but they actually map to 16 arches because of the way I do them... so say someone has 2,4,etc... I can fill up the ones I have with the new copy and paste feature!! 

Also if things are described it gives a better idea of what they are so even if they are quite the same thing as yours it can be mapped to something similar.

Finally I would like to see if we could get a section in the nutcracker forum area for sharing sequences... be it a posted/sticky or it's own sub-section.... Since you guys are all Sr. Members maybe you can make that happen? :P