Author Topic: SSC4 Configure Question (Fixed)  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Pete

Re: SSC4 Configure Question
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You may need to check your data connections on the board.  I can't see what connectors you are using on the data end or how you are connecting them to the hub but input position 1 is data positive.  Black usually indicates a ground and you have that connected to input 1 but since I can't see where that connection is going to, I have no way to know if it a ground or not.  If they are backwards, the unit will not function.

Hmmmmmm . . . .

I never paid any attention to the incoming data lines  #1 is positive and #2 is negative???  Correct?    I never considered the difference between the input and the output.  What is the reason if I may ask - nothing in depth just a general why.
 I never had any problems in the past but then it may have been pure luck with the hookup.

The 4 core is used as a quick disconnect, a cat5 cable hooks up to it and then the hub.

I will check this and post the results - THANKS

pete

Offline zwiller

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's because I'm just lightning fast, LOL.     ;D

No, it's just that cannot put thoughts to words well or type...   ;D

I spent an entire week with programming issues last year.  Nearly gave up running a show several times during that week.  Hang in there, you're close. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline tbone321

« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, »
Yes, pin 1 (orange / white) is the positive and pin 2 (orange) is the negative.  The chip is looking at line 1 for the signal and comparing it to line 2 to detect the high or on signal.  Since both of these lines are high impedence, any noise induced on one should be duplicated on the other so the compare between the two should have the same difference.  If you reverse the lines, then all it sees is zero and the negative going high is considered noise and is ignored.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline fyb2000

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2013, »
Make sure your ETD is connected to your main NIC (network interface card). If you have several of those (like a USB to ethernet card) and your ETD is connected there, the utilities for the Lynx family will not work (well they will work but will not send commands through those cards)

Offline Pete

Re: SSC4 Configure Question (Fixed)
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2013, »
Wooo Hooooo

All is working.

Thank you tbone321 and everyone who lent a hand to help me "see the light".  That is what makes this forum so great - the willingness to help each other.  Thank you again!

The input side of all my SSC's had the Data 1 and Data 2 swapped.  Now I have a lot to correct.

Lesson learned follow directions. . . lol

Thank you Thank you,
Pete

Offline tbone321

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2013, »
RJ has good designes and in most cases, it's something simple.  Glad to hear that you are good to go and have fun.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving