Author Topic: shifting a sequence?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline kernal

shifting a sequence?
« on: December 10, 2013, »
Is there a way to shift the entire sequence to the left to match the beats in the song to the blinky?  Runs fine in the output but when the scheduler takes over it is off like 2.5 seconds (give or take)
My license plate says blinky.

Offline zwiller

Re: shifting a sequence?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, »
I would have concerns with 2.5 second delay that it is something else.  That said, select some intervals, right click, I think it is interval manager, shift timings.  I use it so often I forget the names.  You can also shift just a section just change the setting to selection. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, »
You can also try editing the song either adding or subtracting some silence from the beginning as needed.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, »
Just checked it's "interval toolbox" from the right click.  Max shift is 1.95 seconds (at one time)

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline kernal

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, »
Triedd the interval toolbox.  Didnt work.  And the ONLY sont thats off is the TSO.  How do i add more time/ silence to the beginning of the song?
My license plate says blinky.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, »
Have you ever used audicity?

You create a track that has x amount of silence. You then open your audio track. Highlight the desired audio and copy it. Paste that copied audio to the end of the new silence track. Close the music audio track. You now should have a new audio track with the silence added to the beginning. Export this new track to a new audio file in either mp3 or wav format.

Hope that helps.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, »
I suspect the problem is that you are using a different mp3 that than the one you sequenced to.  Find the correct one and problem solved.  You will find that mp3 downloads from Amazon, itunes, etc will have varying time lengths and I have found that nearly all song start times are affected as well.