Author Topic: Freestyle Controller  (Read 1102 times)

Offline John K

Freestyle Controller
« on: November 13, 2020, »
Hello everyone. I recently purchased a LYNX FREESTYLE controller and was hoping to find someone who is familiar with this controller and software using it in xLights as well.
TIA

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Re: Freestyle Controller
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, »
Greetings,,,

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  has info on the Freestyle.  Basically, DMX in and SSR4 controllers on the outputs for up to 128 channels out.

Do you have the DMX and controllers for the outputs?

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline John K

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, »
Yes, I have the Freestyle, 20 of 32 SSRs and the dongle. I'm hoping to use this with xLights.

Offline John K

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, »
I'm not sure how to find the controller and set the start channel.

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, »
Greetings,,,

Look in the Assembly Manual for fro the Programming and Operation area.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, »
The only thing that you need to find is the dongle.  If it is a USB dongle, you should be able to plug it into a USB port and use the Windows hardware manager to find the serial port it gets assigned to.  You can use it with xlights directly but you might want to use FPP and a Raspberry PI as your scheduler and player.  To set the start channel on the freestyle, you need to download and install the Lynx Address Utility.  I don't know if it will work in Windows 10 but it does in Windows 7 and lower.  The address utility and the instructions to set the start channel on the Freestyle are in the WIKI.  The instructions for setting the Freestyle address is in its manual and you can find that in the hardware section.  The utility is in the software section and you can access these sections from the box on the left hand side of the WIKI screen.

To use the controller, you just need to configure xlights or FPP to communicate with the dongle and set up your DMX output universe.  Then make sure that your props are assigned to the channel numbers you set the Freestyle up to work with and you are good to go.  Xlights will send those channels to the dongle which will convert the output to DMX and send it to the Freestyle.  Make sure that your SSR4's have their jumpers set for pure non DMX  SSR4 mode.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline John K

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, »
Ok, I have the Lynx Address Utility installed and I have Windows 10 and I'm able to find the correct port on my PC as well as in xLights. I've set the starting Universe in xLights to One with 512 channels. However, it gives me an error message saying it can't execute the program of assigning the port when using the address utility.??

Offline John K

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, »
???

Offline John K

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, »
Nevermind.... I got it figured out. It may be an Oldie but it's a Goodie!!