Author Topic: Anyone still scrambling?  (Read 2817 times)

Offline zwiller

Anyone still scrambling?
« on: December 13, 2013, »
Lost entire last weekend with DJing setup/teardown of niece's wedding.  I have 3/4 of display up and finishing last few elements which of course took much longer than anticipated.  Sleep deprived, no feeling in my finger tips, 6" inches on the weekend forecast.  Hope to be live Saturday.  Anyone else???
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline MrChristmas2000

Re: Anyone still scrambling?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, »
That's normal. So what's wrong?

The minute you get the point that you are not doing anything Murphy will come along and fix that.  :)

Offline mikedbom

• NorthBridge Web Design
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, »
I have a partial show up but had planned to be further along. First year RGB mixed in and it's been challenging. With all the delays due to family commitments I'm happy to be able to have lights up. Definitely learned a ton and have big plans for next year. I will also start much earlier to set up.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That's normal. So what's wrong?

The minute you get the point that you are not doing anything Murphy will come along and fix that.  :)

Touche'

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, »
I went to Florida to visit my daughter last week and fell way behind. Got about 60% working for Tuesday and adding every day - and still the people come.  I think I may be able to complete setup just before I tear it all down in January. :)
Luceat lux vestra

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, »
Just about finished up last night and was running a dress rehearsal and my transmitter started to go out. I had a feeling. When I move the movers snapped off one of the legs of my antenna. I thought it might hurt my transmitter if I wasnt careful. I tried it and although it was not as good a range it seemed fine. That lasted for about 30 min. then it started sputtering. I shut it off immediately but now need to make a dipole to see how bad it is.

Are we still having fun?  LOL
Leon

Offline zwiller

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, »
Thanks guys, guess I am not alone.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, »
Almost everyone I know is still doing some setup and / or sequence tweaking.  The only ones that are not are those that used 100% of last years elements and sequencing.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline arw01

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, »
Same boat without a skipper.  I think my show has been running 2x when I get home since Thanksgiving weekend.  Either I screwed up something with xlights, or the computer does something like sleep, or I don't exit and come back in or who knows. 

Still sequencing have hours and hours into one song and its maybe a 1/3rd complete.  Discouraging, and I need more lights.

Was putting up 1/2 of a DSC strip on a big bay window because I thought I had 2 strips left.  It was a scrap and a full strip.  Therefore that is coming from a different eBay seller than my normal one, so I am sure the colors will not match!

Spent hours last night with Mike from LSP getting the scheduler going.  Will see if I have a show at sunset today!  Last night I managed to screw that up too with manual.

Need to see if schedules does the shimmer and twinkle well, as the sequencer does not.

So I feel your pain, and oh I don't have a sign up yet for tune in.  Everyone just slows down and moves on in a few seconds!

That maybe will be this weekend, maybe.

Going to watch the great Christmas light fight tonight!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, »
I am so far behind. Late taking down Halloween, had a couple things that stayed up, then weather took them out. Work had a fire and days off went up in smoke.
Have Fun!

Offline Sparky96

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, »
I'm not really scrambling. My show has been running since last weekend but I have a section of garland lights out that upon further inspection was a bulb that shorted out and melted the housing. So I'll be swapping that back out tonight or tomorrow morning. The sequencing needs work but I can't seem to get motivated enough to adjust it. I put my tree together in the living room and its been a fight to keep that thing lot this year. It is what it is.

DJ

Offline TexasStingray

• Coop Manager
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2013, »
Almost everyone I know is still doing some setup and / or sequence tweaking.  The only ones that are not are those that used 100% of last years elements and sequencing.

Not true, the ice put a big stop on my mega tree, to lights stopped work, still need to dig out the FM Transmitter, using same seqs as last year, still have christmas shopping that has to come first according to the boss. Guess imm not into that much this year as i was not going to do it because of the boss, then she says in late october that she just wanted different music, really now she tells me i think to my self.

oh well at least I have a head start for next year.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline zwiller

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, »
I think I have figured out why I am disappointed is that I worked on my sequences all year so they are ready AND I finally made a tune to sign.  So at least I did SOME things on time.  Tonight or more likely real early Sat I plan to finish last rgb arch splicing, splicing live tree nodes, program and mount SSCs.  Then at the crack of dawn start the last of the setup before the snow hits. 

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2013, »
I see sequencing tweaks that need to be done all season long.  It's the nature of the beast.  Sometimes things don't look as good as I envision, so I modify accordingly. 

But as of Monday or Tuesday this week, I'm running all my sequences, radio imaging, etc to a perfectly timed out 10 minutes!

I still feel like I was "rushed" this year and didn't get to some of the projects I wanted.  There's always next year!
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline drlucas

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2013, »
I've generally managed to leave things be for three days in a row. Want to make three mini trees to stick under my arches but tonight it's -10 and tomorrow 8" of snow. So i may just get back to cleaning up sequences. I have 4 I love. I have More that need some serious clean up
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -