Author Topic: Anyone still scrambling?  (Read 2815 times)

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: Anyone still scrambling?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2013, »
i was scrambling to get my live tree filled with 4,000 mini's but learned a valuable lesson about store bought leds. THEY SUCK! lol 80% of my white are not working, 40% of my blue. I got the bottom row of branches and stopped. I think I am done scrambling. order light keeper pro but it won't be here until next week. 4000 minis wrapping each branch individually is a real pain in the rear but worth it when it's done.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2013, »
It's amazing how adding just a few new elements completely changes everything you do. I have a running show with mediocre sequencing. Everyone except me loves it.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2013, »
I've never in this bad of shape at this time before.  But I did jump from under 4k channels to 18.8k channels and lots of rgb.  I'm starting to get a grasp around how to marry LOR and nutcraker together ... but I found out that my 2013 LOR config file seems to reprogram things by accident.  I think I removed things and should not have!
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2013, »
Disappointing is when a show has run flawlessly 1 day then an SSC or cable which drives 4 Hexatrees goes bad and it's going to rain tomorrow. Murphy strikes again. Maybe it's just a cable gone bad and I can make a quick replacement tomorrow. UGH

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2013, »
Mr Murphy has paid me more visits this year than all years prior combined !
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2013, »

Amen. I should send him a Christmas card.

My high-wire guy couldn't get here until yesterday (if it can go wrong, it will), but that was OK, since I was so far behind (ditto). All the upper elements are installed, but only a few working ... last night I was wandering around in the dark looking for my needle nose pliers and couldn't do the next thing without them.

All of a sudden I realized that I was cold, tired and dirty and hadn't had lunch. Decided that the Dec. 13 show would be just a few elements running my fade-in-fade-out test sequence without music.

I have a lot of non-show things to do today, so it probably won't be finished for tonight either.

\dmc

Offline meman

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2013, »
I'm done scrambling, but feeling totally scrambled. Once I threw in the towel on adding RGB elements and decided to just tweak last years show a bit, things moved very quickly. I'm up and running !

However, setup spawned a dozen new design ideas, so I'm almost glad my RGB efforts got postponed. Now I'm just doing some sequencing for more songs and repairing things as fast as Murphy can put the kiss of death on them. Also plan getting a jump on next year by doing after-hours unit testing on new elements while the entire show is wired up. 

Mike E.

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2013, »

Amen. I should send him a Christmas card.

It gets better and better ... my Lynx Splitter, which worked just fine on the bench six weeks ago, seems to have died in the field (it's in a TA-200, which itself is inside the power/phone box on the side of the house, so elements didn't hurt it).

Question I'm pondering: Do I troubleshoot the Splitter or do I just pull 50 extra feet of Cat5 (which, ironically, I have in reserve just for something like this)?

\dmc

PS: Murphy, thy name is Scrooge.

Offline arw01

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2013, »
Pull the cable, the simple things first!

Offline tbone321

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2013, »
I would check to make sure that the splitter is still getting power.  If so and this late into the season, I would pull the extra cable and look into what happened to the splitter later. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline arw01

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2013, »
It's "DONE" heatmizer is in rotation, WAY too long of a song, next time I will split something that long or look for a edit that is shorter..

Some flaws to fix in the next few days, but not many will notice besides me.

The wife went after some magnetic sheets to make tune in 107.5 to put on the garage door.  I gotta make the DSC or flexible ribbon sign in the next few days.  Thinking I might need to make a couple of signs from the sounds of it.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2013, »
No, but Thanks for making ME feel SO much better about my December 5th live date!!!!

Offline gatorengineer

• Facebook link
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2013, »
I'm so far behind that I basically didn't get anything done. I've decided to have a 4th of July show this year. Not because I want to do all the extra work, but it will force me to get my stuff done earlier.

Offline arw01

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2013, »
This took way longer than I thought it would, does not help when you continue to solder the splices when the wires are NOT IN THE TUBE. <fp.

I had the SSC programmed to match the same channels as something else in the yard, so it was just plug and play for showing up in different parts of the sequences.

Alan

Offline towtruck

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2013, »
I think that I am done scrambling and am going to have to face the fact that I am going to be a pretty much static display this Christmas  :-[

Yesterday's snow (16+ inches + drifts) has buried all my cables and some of the display elements before I got the LEs deployed.  Lesson learned, I need to start putting stuff outdoors much earlier for next year.

Before snow (Friday, Dec 13)

After snow (Monday, Dec 16)