Author Topic: Help with Channel Conflicts  (Read 782 times)

Offline gspence

Help with Channel Conflicts
« on: December 15, 2013, »
Hello, I'm new to XLights and have been an LOR user for about 5 years.  This is my first year creating a megatree from pixels and want to use XLights/Nutcracker to create some effects.  All my songs are obviously still in LOR and I want to figure out the best way to merge the two worlds.

Should I just export individual sequences from xlights back into LOR?  I like having the finite control in LOR to do fades and effects on individual channels, but I don't want to program a 1000 pixel megatree by hand. 

I tried to convert some LOR files to xlights so I could create the sequences for my tree, but the convert is telling me that channels are using the same numbers.  These conflicts occur between my standard LOR devices and some DMX devices I have using Universe 1.  What's the best way to resolve these conflicts?  Can you not mix LOR and DMX Universe 1 within XLights?

Thanks!

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
Re: Help with Channel Conflicts
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, »
try this link to see if it works for lor the same as it does vixen.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

my thoughts on your channels is just make sure your rgb elements are above your dmx channels. so if you have 200 dmx channels, just make sure your rgb channels start at 201 or higher. i have 350 dmx channels set up in my profiles but only use 192 of them. all of my rgb stuff starts at 351 for universe one. when you create the xlights sequence, it will leave any channels that don't have an element blank so when you combine with your dmx, they will fall into place. hope this helps.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights