Author Topic: SSC works then just goes white  (Read 897 times)

Offline gatorengineer

• Facebook link
SSC works then just goes white
« on: December 15, 2013, »
I'm testing my SSC. I have 3 other SSC on same hub and everything works fine. I've programmed all the SSC with the same address as I'm so far behind that I'm just throwing stuff up.

I start using the xTester using A B C All. After it hits all, 3 of the strings keep doing what they are suppose to. One just stays all white. I flashed it, reprogrammed it and it still does the same thing. Any thoughts?

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
Re: SSC works then just goes white
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2013, »
If you are using xtester you are at least a year out of date.  Download the latest version from here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You did not say what version of SSC, but if you have a version with test firmware available you should load that just to make sure your hardware is functional.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline zwiller

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, »
I would try swapping cables of SSCs.  If I've learned anything of 2 years of SS gear when things go wrong it is usually something basic.  Bad cable, bad connector.  Maybe you have too long of a run to first node.  That can also cause a hang.  From memory 4-6' V1-3 and 8-12' V4. 

Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, »
V2 was more like 2' if using a waterproof connector.