Author Topic: change a while RGB channels color?  (Read 2168 times)

Offline arw01

change a while RGB channels color?
« on: December 16, 2013, »
I pasted a whole channels intervals, ramps, on, offs etc from a static channel.  hundreds of them.  When you come over from static it's white, I want to change the whole channel to green effects on a RGB collapsed channel.

Anyway to do this besides THOUSANDS of clicks?

Offline zwiller

Re: change a while RGB channels color?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, »
I would try zooming out and highlight as much of the channel, then right click, edit rgb blend, and pick green. 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline urthegman

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, »
Yes.Make ONE of the effects the color you want, use select on the effects you want that color to be, then right click as zwil said and choose edit RGB blend, pick your color click ok and you are good to go.

Offline mitch09

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, »
I have found that when copying a static channel to an RGB that the "edit RGB blend" is grayed out and haven't found a work around yet. This happened to me a ton this year since I updated many of my DMX channels to RGB lights and transferring my sequences over took forever.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have found that when copying a static channel to an RGB that the "edit RGB blend" is grayed out and haven't found a work around yet. This happened to me a ton this year since I updated many of my DMX channels to RGB lights and transferring my sequences over took forever.
Yes.Make ONE of the non RGB effects the color you want, use select on the effects that you want that color to be, then right click as zwil said and choose edit RGB blend, pick your color click ok and you are good to go.

Offline zwiller

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, »
Mitch, on average I converted a full sequence with static elements to rgb over my morning coffee before work.   You sure you have controller setup as rgb?  Only bug that I saw was that you CANNOT undo the edit rgb blend.  If you try this it changes your last edit not the rgb change. 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline arw01

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, »
This works great.  You have to go ACROSS on only one channel or collapsed controller, you cannot select more than 1 channel or controller.  but it's still WAY faster than click click click until the mouse cries for help!

Thank you gentleman!

Offline mitch09

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2013, »
I just tried and "Edit RGB blend" doesn't even show up when an effect is selected. Is this because I am using 2.5?

Offline caretaker

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2013, »
Try this, select one thing from what you pasted say a ramp down and use the ramp down tool and go over the ramp down you selected and then pick the color or fade you want. Next select the whole channel and when you get to the end of the sequence right click and select the "Edit RGB Blend" box and select the colore or blend you want. The important thing is getting one effect on that channel to RGB then your can change the rest of the effects.

I just tried and "Edit RGB blend" doesn't even show up when an effect is selected. Is this because I am using 2.5?
Jeff Squires

Offline zwiller

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, »
I am running 2.5 and this work perfectly for me.  So much that I don't even think about it...  I can also select across multiple collapsed controllers too.  Did the attached in seconds.  Seems like it takes additional time when doing it across a ton of channels though.

Mitch, sure you got that controller setup for rgb?  Circled in pic. 

Offline arw01

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, »
I waited a little extra long, as Zwiller said, and it let me pick edit rgb blend for a large chunk of controllers with hundreds of channels collapsed in them.

Alan