Author Topic: Smart String for Dummies?  (Read 3194 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Smart String for Dummies?
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Zeus is perfect for a matrix or an rgb megatree.   But it lacks a second pixelnet out that the active hub has.   It also has no dmx.  It's a more specialized board and less flexible by comparison.   If you have a Zeus then no need for the PVC enclosed ssc's at that location ... But lights need to be within 10' of the Zeus . 

The two pixelnet outs and the dmx out makes the ss active hub very versatile, IMHO.

If the added cost is no issue to everyone maybe we need to think about adding these to the Zeus as a improvment.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline tbone321

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2013, »
I guess that really does depend on the cost increase but I wouldn't mess with it.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2013, »
I agree it's probably not needed, but since I had strange issues with going from Zeus to Zeus ... I found that I had to use an active hub to split the pixelnet signal to feed Zeus groups 1 and 2 since they could not play well together for unknown reasons.   I had an extra active hub to do that (my spare) but the pixelnet splitter could have done the same, but it died after a day of use and not sure why other than the power cord came detached and it probably blew something since the unit has no fuse.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Opopanax

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2013, »
Awesome thanks everyone.

Thanks for letting me know the short distance with the zeuss. I was thinking perhaps that would be the method to save on building lots of little boards for separate strings. Since I'm hoping to doing the roof edge of my house an Active hub and a bunch of separate SSC are probably the way to go then.

Thanks!