Author Topic: 3.2.14 released for xlights/nc  (Read 1433 times)

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
3.2.14 released for xlights/nc
« on: December 18, 2013, »
3.2.14 released

double the max speed of arches in the single strand effect class

frank added new choices for effects in the bars effect class

3.2.14            -Enhancement (Sean): SingleStrand effects are now moving twice as fast.
               -Enhancement (Frankr) * Added alternating bands options to the bars effect.
               -Enhancement (Frankr) Removed limitation on pasting into the timings and label columns.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline drlucas

Re: 3.2.14 released for xlights/nc
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, »
 Added alternating bands options  - took me a bit to see the difference (until I changed my test to a vertical vs horizontal line).  This is basically what I need to reproduce the alternating test effect. Seems in preview mode it isn't quite the same as the RGB test alternating effect  as that is alternating colors on a node vs a band - which looks like a minimum of three nodes grouped together. REALLY close to what the alt effect does, and I am betting even with these square nodes in my coro candy cane it will look sweet. with only a few days until xmas and me really only going to change maybe one or two sequences this isn't something that anyone should put effort into, but add it to the nice to have list for next year :)

Can't wait to test out the new speeds as well....as I have 430 nodes on my roof and seeing the chase go faster will be neat!!!!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline drlucas

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, »
Yeah.... just did a chase on the roof and played a bit with the piano effect

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login if you want to look at them.... that EQ effect has some serious potential, the chase is just simply awesome stuff.
-Ryan Lucas-

Offline frankr

• Rocklin Lights
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, »
Use palette repeat options and throw in other colors to play with the alternating bands and you can do more. Also, The math works with what kind of element you are using. So a single strand would need to do alternate left or alternate right.  Up and down would just flash...

Offline drlucas

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, »
Tried it out tonight finally....and the three band (the smallest size I could get) looks great. Attached is the settings I used.

This has though brought on another question. Under the drop down by Effect 1, are the Botton-Top and Left-Right effects new too? I sort of figured out how they work....just wondering if there was a specific desired effect that you guys were after when putting this one together? I was just trying to get an arch to break apart from the top using the left-right effect and it sorta works.
-Ryan Lucas-