Author Topic: Long Shot  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Cobergas

Long Shot
« on: April 27, 2009, »
Just throwing it out there to try and convert the show over to everything Lynx. I have three LOR controllers pc16 that was lightly used for one season. If anyone would like to trade out some expresses or has a purpose for some LOR controllers let me know.  ::) Or any suggestions on where to unload these for FMV..

Offline memphislights

Re: Long Shot
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, »
You'd probably do alot better trying to sell them on Planet Christmas.

But the LOR stuff works fine with RJ's DMX dongle with a simple adapter and the proper firmware.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, »
Read through this document.

Lor controllers with the correct firmware automatically detect LOR/DMX network cabling.

The only downside is that the Lynx DMX and LOR DMX Cat 5 connector cabling is different.

you would need to build some adapters as shown in the WIKI at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

MC2K

Offline Cobergas

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, »
Yeah, RJ ran through all that at the GAMini but I was trying to conserve a little cash and raise the money to purchase all Lynx DIY by selling my current system. I am going o list it on PC but heck you never know someone might have a hankering for a couple of expensive boxes.
 :)

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, »
Yeah, RJ ran through all that at the GAMini but I was trying to conserve a little cash and raise the money to purchase all Lynx DIY by selling my current system. I am going o list it on PC but heck you never know someone might have a hankering for a couple of expensive boxes.
 :)

I've never seen anyone have any difficulty getting rid of LOR at PC. Some have even auctioned on E-bay and provided a link at PC. This usually gets you the kind of money you want especially if you set a reserve. Good luck!

Leon
Leon

Offline tpctech

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, »
What are looking to get for your LOR units?  Which model do you have?

Thanks

KEN

Offline Cobergas

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, »
I put my controllers on PC and they sold literally within a few hours. I set th price at $200 a piece. Considering I paid 225 a piece for them I did not lose out on much other than the software cost and the adapter cost. I did real well. hopefully this will take me from 48 channels to 128 like predicted with the same money jst a little more time invested in putting together the pieces.