Author Topic: Austin-area Walk-Through (Sun 12/29)  (Read 450 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Austin-area Walk-Through (Sun 12/29)
« on: December 24, 2013, »
Mark Dillon (Elfvis) is available on Sunday to host.
I will also be available on Sunday, also to host.
Not sure if Alan can do Sunday...

Anyone else who can host?    <yk..

I am thinking of starting north, winding down towards the south... Also thinking we could start each location "on the hour", and leave each location so that we have enough travelling time to get to the next place... so maybe 45min at each place. Maybe dinner together at the end to close off the year??

PLEASE GET YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS TO ME SO THAT WE CAN FINALIZE THE PLANS -- if we try to fit in 8 locations, we'll need to start about 11am, maybe earlier.    <pop..
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Austin-area Walk-Through (Sun 12/29)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, »
Background...

I know (boy, don't I know well!!) that we are all busy with final setup and sequencing in our shows, but the time before we pack it up again is quickly approaching.

Is there interest in meeting up at various houses to take a look at how people have done their shows?

When you think about all of the people involved in this hobby, it seems certain that there will be just as many ways of doing stuff.

I've learned a LOT from how others do stuff -- from water-proofing, tree construction, and other areas. I'm willing to have folks come by my place and take a look.

Are there others out there who'd be interested in having visitors come by to "ooh-and-ahh", or hand out those nasty red tags?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro