Author Topic: Feature request - Timer  (Read 1502 times)

Offline caretaker

Feature request - Timer
« on: December 24, 2013, »
I have a request for the Nutcracker tab to add a timer to so as you are adding your effects to a song if you needed to tweek your timing marks as your were going you could.

Also I noticed that if you stop a song then start it up anywhere other than the beginning it is out of sync.... Me or a bug?
Jeff Squires
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: Feature request - Timer
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, »
I have a request for the Nutcracker tab to add a timer to so as you are adding your effects to a song if you needed to tweek your timing marks as your were going you could.

Also I noticed that if you stop a song then start it up anywhere other than the beginning it is out of sync.... Me or a bug?
I am not sure what u mean by timer. The timing. Marks are in column one of the grid. I edit those if the timing is off. Next year we may give ability to click to add timing marks while playing a song.

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, »
I think that caretaker may be asking for an actual song timer display that shows the time into the song as it is played. I know that it would be a help to me as now I guess at a time to add to the grid then keep replaying and editing it until I get it to the right spot. If I was able to see the song timer as I listened I think I would be able to get closer on the first shot. Being able to add a time by clicking as the song plays would be even better for me.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, by maffeirw »
Luceat lux vestra

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, »
right now I watch it in Preview, but there is no way to convert to timing marks in Nutcracker. That would be a nice addition for sure.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, »
Ok, i understand the question now.

there are timers today.

in preview the location in the music is shown in the red circle below

if you left click the slider, you can audio scrub the playback,

in playback in the nutcracker window (as long as you are doing the playback using the F4 playback)

we could add hundredths to this playback.

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, »
I missed the bottom corner. I could use that and leave the other real estate for other/future needs. Thanks for showing us Sean.

Sent from my iPhone using You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, »
I like the idea of ability to insert a timing mark with either a button or a key that would pop it into the grid.  I know we pretty much use audacity for that, but being able to listen to the song and hit a key to put another mark or two in there would be nice.  Since we can label the spots, you can say I wanted to transition on the tree here or some with a note in there.

Alan

Offline drlucas

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, »
I find the bottom corner one doesn't always update smoothly during playback, and its not the same units....I have to do the math and add/subtract 60 second intervals.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, »
And it goes blank when you stop playing.

sent from my Galaxy Note

Offline caretaker

« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, »
And it goes blank when you stop playing.

sent from my Galaxy Note
That's most likely why I missed it...  <fp.   If as others have said it could be moved to say just to the right of where the sequence name and use the same time as the timing marks (seconds only) that would be a big help.

How I added my Mega tree effects into my X-seq was to create most of the sequence in LSP 2.8 then use Light-Elf to convert to X-Seq the loaded in the Nutcracker tab and I manually added the timing marks from the "bars" text file for the song (in this case Queen of the Winter Night) then add effects as I listen to the song. Since a few of the timings where different from my version I just went back into LSP and checked the timing value and changed on the Nutcracker Tab.

Sean, Matt and the rest of the developers,  This tool you have created has allowed me to do effects I only dreamed for my show. I can not thank you enough for your time and talents that went into this. Merry Christmas to all!
Jeff Squires

Offline drlucas

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2013, »
Sean, Matt and the rest of the developers,  This tool you have created has allowed me to do effects I only dreamed for my show. I can not thank you enough for your time and talents that went into this. Merry Christmas to all!
Couldn't of said this better myself. THANK YOU!!
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -