Author Topic: Future Feature Possible? Multiple Preview  (Read 947 times)

Offline tindivall

Future Feature Possible? Multiple Preview
« on: December 27, 2013, »
Would like to see this in a future release of xlights:

The ability when saving the preview setup to label it for a specific setup and then open that setup later on.

For example, this coming year I will be programming two houses...  house A & house B...   each has it's own models setup.   I would like to preview the file for each house individually, so would like to save the preview setup for A and a different preview setup for B...   Then depending on which house I am working on, open that preview.

Right now the only way that I think this would be possible is to setup house a, save it, copy the rgbeffects.xml file and rename to houseA...  then go back in xlights and setup B (deleting what is there from previously with A)... then copy that rgbeffects.xml file, rename it to houseB....   then each time I want to work on a specific house take the respect file and copy/rename it back to rgbeffects.xml

Offline dowdybrown

• Gleannloch Christmas
Re: Future Feature Possible? Multiple Preview
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, »
You should have separate show directories for each house. The models are then separate for each. The feature that is needed is to allow you to easily share effects across shows.

Matt

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

Matt Brown
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tindivall

Re: Future Feature Possible? Multiple Preview
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, »
Thanks Matt, I was obviously trying to make it harder than it needed to be... didn't even think about just changing show directory.. that way can have the homes divided and don't have try and figure out which sequence goes with which house etc!!

As far as sharing effects, I just figure once done programming one house, take the xml file for that song and copy it to the other... then when I import I can tell it what models to go to etc!