Author Topic: wire frame clips  (Read 863 times)

Offline kernal

wire frame clips
« on: December 29, 2013, »
Anybody know where i can get wire frame clips that are 1/4" on one side for the light and 1/8" on the other for the wire frame?  I see 1/4" x 1/4" all over but havent seen 1/8".
My license plate says blinky.

Offline tbone321

Re: wire frame clips
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, »
What do you have that is only 1/8?  Are you sure that you don't need 3/16. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline kernal

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, »
Yeah.  Its for the 30" deer at walmart.  The wife brought 8 home and i want to change them to LED. 

Offline tbone321

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, »
What is wrong with the clips that they already have?  After the power coat that these get, I would say that the 3/16 clips are what you would need.  I have never heard of 1/8 clips.  That is not much thicker or stronger than a coat hanger.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, by tbone321 »

Offline kernal

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, »
Im changing over to LED and the incans have the clips molded to the light.  I thought the same thing to just use those.  No dice.

Offline arw01

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

might work for you.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2013, »
LOL, I have never seen them that small.  I guess that just like everything else holiday related, make them of lower and lower quality components and increase the price as well.

Offline kernal

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2013, »
Yeah product quality gets compromised when the bottom line goes down.  Kinda like the government!   Lol

Offline tbone321

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, »
It appears that both the ones that you need and the ones that I need (am doing the same thing as you are) are out of stock here at this time.  Fortunantly for me, my wire frames are MUCH older and has seperate clips.  I do have to be very careful with them as they are now quite brittle and will break if stressed much at all.  They should hold up well enough to see of the test string I will order will fit and how they will look.

Offline kernal

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, »
Are you putting smart nodes on them?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, »
No, that would cost a fortune and IMHO, they came in all white and look correct that way.  I will be using warm white, sealed, full wave LED's.  Lucky for me, the place that I will order from on their pre-sale has some in stock now so I can order a sample set or two and see both how they fit and look.  They only have 70 count sets with white wire and I need to see of I need 1 or two sets for the deer.  The angles will need at least 3 so I'm not sure how many to order up front.  Perhaps 4 sets to make sure that I get the right count for the pre-order and make sure that they look ok.

Offline kernal

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, »
I was thinking that would be one expensive deer!  Haha... for the 30" deer it took me 2 strands of 50.  Had a little left over and just strung it under the body.  Looks ok for its intended use.  If ppl are critiquing  the deer then i didnt do a good enuf job on the rest of the display!