Author Topic: Stuck On  (Read 2058 times)

Offline UncleBuck

Stuck On
« on: December 30, 2013, »
I have one channel on my LE that is stuck on. I reset it and nothing, I ran it through the test program and nothing, I unplugged it for about 15 minutes and nothing. Should I start with the optocoupler or just wait a couple days and replace the triac after tear down?  ???

Offline tbone321

Re: Stuck On
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, »
It is a pretty solid bet that it is the triac.  You can always remove the opto and see what it does.  If it stays on with no opto at all, then you know what has failed.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, »
If you have a spare channel on the LE, you could use it to power the load in the mean time.
Leesburg, FL

Offline Christmasaddict

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, »
I did this last year when 2 channels failed on one LE.  I was able to shift them to a different controller using Light Show Pro.  If you have to replace the triac be careful that you don't overheat the board when desoldering.  I did this and messed up the board to where those channels are not operational.

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, »
I haven't had time to mess with it. Tonight is the last night of the show so tomorrow I will replace the triac. It's been fun this year and we received several anonymous letters and plates of treats thanking us for the display. Happy New Year and don't wait until June to take the display down.  <fp.

Offline tbone321

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, »
Why would you take it down?

Offline UncleBuck

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, »
So I can mow the lawn.  <la..

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I did this last year when 2 channels failed on one LE.  I was able to shift them to a different controller using Light Show Pro.  If you have to replace the triac be careful that you don't overheat the board when desoldering.  I did this and messed up the board to where those channels are not operational.

I can solve that with a spare part or 2 and a soldering iron.  ;-) Hmmmm suddenly feel the need.. how many days til Thanksgiving? LOL

Leon

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Leon

Offline bisquit476

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Why would you take it down?

Tbone, that is exactly my thoughts. But when I got a fathers day card one year busting my chops over the lights, I figured they had been up long enough.  ;D

Offline tbone321

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, »
That's the advantage to RGB.  You CAN leave most of them up all year and just adjust the colors for the current holiday.