Author Topic: Case Coop  (Read 32300 times)

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
Re: Case Coop
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2009, »
Need to bump up mine to:

Dongle - 1
TX Case - 3
RX Case - 3

Mark
Mark
Kernersville, NC
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline deplanche

« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2009, »
I got very, very confused with all the different terminologies and Kit numbers...

Please change mine to

#1 - Dongle Case - 2 ea
#2 - TX Case - 2 ea
#3 - RX Case -  none

Thanks.  And sorry for the change.

Please make the #3 RX case - 1 ea.

Thanks again... and sorry for the multiple changes.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2009, »
Coop is closed. I will not be able to send a pm for payment until the Current pcb's come in for the wireless and I send them out to the case company. I will get a firm quote at that time and send you a pm for payment. This will be a likely three to four weeks out. Be patient until then.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #123 on: July 22, 2009, »
Ok I will be building units with the new pcb's and sending them to polycase to get them started fitting them and machining them.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2009, »
I built the pcb's and am shipping them out to polycase to get final quote. As soon as I have the price I will PM for payment and we can get the order going.

To recap the dongle is the normal non flanged case and the wireless will have the flanged case which cost a few cents more but everyone wanted that to be able to mount them upright to keep water out.

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #125 on: July 29, 2009, »
The units have been sent to polycase. I did find the price they quoted did not include the 3 setup fees for each different case but it will average out over the number so it should not make much difference. They will get me the total quote including screws for the pcbs and shipping.

I hope to have this in 4-5 days and an estimate of lead time to ship once we get the payments, pay them and tell them to go.

If we get the coop payments quick I hope we an have cases in a month.  I don't know about you guys but I sure could use mine!

RJ

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2009, »
I got the quote from Polycase.

It includes the following :

The case, the machining, the setup fee split between all of the units of that case being ordered, The little screws for the PCBs that are sold seperate, The shipping to me split between the units of each cases, paypal and coop fee. 

It does not include the cost to ship them to you. This will be handled at the end when I know what it will take to get them to you.

The Dongle cases will be  $4.63 each
The Tx cases will be $4.74 each
The RX cases will be $4.86 each

Please DO NOT SEND ME ANY PAYPAL FOR THESE! I am not ready to accept them yet.

I will post and tell everyone when to send it.

They gave me a time line of 3 weeks after we send them the order til they ship to me.

RJ 

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #127 on: August 15, 2009, »
I got the quote from Polycase.

It includes the following :

The case, the machining, the setup fee split between all of the units of that case being ordered, The little screws for the PCBs that are sold seperate, The shipping to me split between the units of each cases, paypal and coop fee. 

It does not include the cost to ship them to you. This will be handled at the end when I know what it will take to get them to you.

The Dongle cases will be  $4.63 each
The Tx cases will be $4.74 each
The RX cases will be $4.86 each

RJ 

OK it's time to get the payments in on this coop so I can get them cutting and you can get your cases in about a month. No time to waste so get the payments in to me.

Follow three rules to make this work. If they are not followed I'll refund the payment and ask you to redo it. All of this is so important to me handling the numbers of not just sometimes multiple coops going at the same time but the everyday PCB requests and payments I get from everyone. It can get confusing if all the info is not in the paypal payment itself.

1 -  Make sure your current and correct SHIPPING address is setup in Paypal. And make sure you do not mark the payment as services which removes the shipping address from what I see. And do not choose payment type as echeck or anything but instant payment. I can not hold up coops for a week for echecks to clear.

2 - Make sure you calculate up the amount correctly based on the number of cases listed in the coop list on the second post of this coop. Just multiply the amounts listed in the previous post by the amount of the cases you ordered. Do this for each type of case and add them all together. I added the coop and paypal fee for each case to the amount as well as its share of the expected shipping cost and setup fee.

3 - Make sure in the comments you put it is for the case coop and the numbers of each case you ordered then put your username in the comments also.

Now to save you and I alot of time and double check that all this information is in your payment before you click to send it.

This gets paypaled to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

As soon as everyone pays or we have waited enough, which ever is first I will close it out and order dropping those that have not payed. If enough people do not pay that we drop below a level on price I will work it into the shipping cost to you, but I do not expect this to happened. We have some room on two of them since we are between levels. 

RJ

Offline joshuashu

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2009, »
will their be any extra dongle cases at all?

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2009, »
Was not planning on ordering but a few extra. 

RJ

Offline cmorda

« Reply #130 on: August 20, 2009, »
OK I finally sent in my payment. Sorry for holding this up.

Just a humble suggestion: It is helpful for me to have the final cost of the coop in the payment PM. Even if it is not totaled up. It saves a lot of time poking around on my phone browser looking for the prices and writing them down. I didn't have access to a computer earlier this week.

Of course it is even better when it is all totaled up but I recognize that takes a lot of extra work and I don't expect that.

Chris
Ventura, CA

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #131 on: August 23, 2009, »
Hey RJ,

I know you said you were only going to order a few extra but here's my question. My wife had cut me off a while back so I didnt get to order as much stuff as I wanted. I now got a good commission check so the bank is back open. I know the coops are finished, but are we able to order cases directly from the manufacture (I know they will be more) or do we have to wait for another coop). I would like to get yours but I understand if we cant order more.

Thanks

Sloan

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #132 on: August 24, 2009, »
Hey RJ,

I know you said you were only going to order a few extra but here's my question. My wife had cut me off a while back so I didnt get to order as much stuff as I wanted. I now got a good commission check so the bank is back open. I know the coops are finished, but are we able to order cases directly from the manufacture (I know they will be more) or do we have to wait for another coop). I would like to get yours but I understand if we cant order more.

Thanks

Sloan

You can order cases from them direct but not machined ones. They have a minimum to setup and machine cases this is why we did the coop. They also set the price by quanitity and you don't want to pay what they want for say 5 of them or even 10.  :o

I will have some extra and since I do not have room to store more stuff I want you guys to take them off my hands! This was the best I could do. I could not order large quanititys more than what was on the coop.

RJ

Offline Sloanhaus

« Reply #133 on: August 24, 2009, »
Dont worry, you wont have to store much stuff, soon as you list it, I am all over it... Especially the wireless boards... Thanks for all that you have done.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2009, »
I have a shipping notice. But be calm they are I guess sending my boards back since I also got a notice that they have begun processing our cases. They sent me a nice cad layout of their machineing also.

Said it would be about 3 weeks they thought before they all shipped.

RJ