Author Topic: Software capability question  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

Software capability question
« on: December 31, 2013, »
I have been running a very simple show (a single mega tree using 44 channels) for 4 years.  I have other lights as well but they are all static.   I am wanting to step it up a bit for next year and want to do the following:  Have an intro song that plays at the beginning of the show each night.  I would like to have some of my other lights that have been static in the past sync'ed to the intro song.  After that I would like for them to return to being static and only have the mega tree sync'ed to the music.  Is it possible to do this with LSP?  The syncing part is not difficult but having the same lights remain static for several hours is what I am not sure about.  Any help appreciated.

Offline arw01

Re: Software capability question
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, »
I think once the intro song turns finishes, it would turn off the lights that you want to leave static.  The scheduler could certainly handle the intro song.

Now to leave the lights on for the next few hours I think any other song you do or time would need to have them specifically on for the duration.  Maybe try a two or three cell animation only sequence that is several minutes long and tell LSP to loop it x number of times.  They had put a small delay between songs in the scheduler, but it might be really short now and not cause a noticable affect on the lights.

Not sure if there was an option to NOT turn off the lights at the end, might have to poke around for that one in the configuration screens.

Alan

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, »
Just use xlights/nutcracker --- it will more than do what you want ... and its free.  I think LSP is way more advanced than you need.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, »
I had issues with my LE's with xlights, just was not reliable to get them on or off in schedule for me.  I am sure I didn't set something up correctly.

Alan

Offline drlucas

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, »
What problems you have Alan? I typically use HLS and then convert that to a xseq and use RGB overlay and all the DMX channels work perfectly (outside of the time when i tripped the circuit that the LEs were connected too). Xlights and LEs have been my go-to setup for basic troubleshooting.
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, »
Xlights works fine as a scheduler/player and for most of the last few years was actually more reliable than lsp scheduler.   I have seen if you schedule a playlist, then stop it then restart it during the shows ... There are sometimes issues with it thinking that it already ran that playlist and you have to reschedule it with a new start time.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline arw01

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, »
Xlights works fine as a scheduler/player and for most of the last few years was actually more reliable than lsp scheduler.   I have seen if you schedule a playlist, then stop it then restart it during the shows ... There are sometimes issues with it thinking that it already ran that playlist and you have to reschedule it with a new start time.

I had this issue this year, if you went off from the scheduler changed something and then tried to get the schedule to run it would not.  So I would just exit and come back in.

What problems you have Alan? I typically use HLS and then convert that to a xseq and use RGB overlay and all the DMX channels work perfectly (outside of the time when i tripped the circuit that the LEs were connected too). Xlights and LEs have been my go-to setup for basic troubleshooting.

I had set a couple of just pretties patterns for the first week or so as fillers between my 2-3 songs.  I made a model of my dmx in mass and tried to do a simple chase as part of the pretties.  Never got that to work correct with chase like I could do with the test.  Just lived with it until I got more songs on LSP and then got the help I needed to get LSP scheduler running.  Other than a couple of closing the wrong window issues and a couple of times that windows did it (I did not install as administrator which solves that problem). 

Offline drlucas

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2014, »
Test mode (like alternate effect) just isn't the same between nutcracker and xlights as another example.   The new bars option is closer but still groups the lights in threes. One day this winter I'll look at the code and see if it makes any sense to me and tweak it - unless Frank  or Matt or Sean get to it first :)

The other tests are nice to sneak in the same way you did. I get whatcha mean now!

Once I put my projector away this afternoon (my replacement tune in sign) l will download the latest Xcode and pull down the code. I'm a hack at best but never too late to start learning this stuff. I can't put much more away today....tried to pull a few candy canes out of the ground but just about 2' of snow / ice and the cables are buried. At least I brought in the speakers.

-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -