Author Topic: Dec 31 or Jan 1 - when is the last show?  (Read 8108 times)

Offline sabie

• Santa's Runway
    • Santas-Runway-Christmas-Lights-Display
Re: Dec 31 or Jan 1 - when is the last show?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2014, »
mine ran till saturday after christmas then i start removing them 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline urthegman

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2014, »
Until the twelfth day of Christmas, the Epiphany for me as well.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, »
I will run the last schedule tonight.  However, I usually leave it up for a couple more weeks and run it on-demand for people who couldn't make it by and for testing/filming purposes.
+1 but I will be taking down some static elements today or tomorrow depending on weather.  supposed to get to 50 this afternoon.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2014, »
I wait till after New Years and after my entire family and close friends have had a chance to see them, then it depends on the weather.  I also like to take a night or two of videos and maybe a video walkthrough to help me remember what I did the following year.  Once I get time and the weather is acceptable, I break it down in a couple days on the earliest weekend I can.  This year with coaching club volleyball and watching my other daughters team -- its going to make take down a challenge ... so I may just take it down every free hour I have.  Having the show up gives you a great opportunity with a live show "simulator" which you don't have the rest of the year, so its best to take advantage of that a bit.  Its also a great time to document all your problems in detail so you can get those things all fixed in the off season.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline nvizzini

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2014, »
Hi
I will run my show until Jan 6
and start taking it down on the 7Th
nick
Nicholas-Foster
Houston, TX

Offline DanHouston

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2014, »
Usually through the weekend after New Year's...When New Year's lands on a weekend it goes an extra week.
2011 - Year #1
    4000 lights and 16 channels
    5 Songs sequenced
2012 - Year #2
    5000 lights and 123 channels
    8 Songs sequenced

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2014, »
Just finished for the season.  With temps forested at -19 tonight and over 12" of snow on the ground I could just as well run them for another month. :)

Offline tbone321

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2014, »
Usually through the weekend after New Year's...When New Year's lands on a weekend it goes an extra week.

I do the same thing with the exception of if New Year's Day falls on the weekend, then teardown starts New Year's Day day. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline arw01

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2014, »
I thought I would be dark last night, but I must have told the LSP scheduler through the 1st instead of the 31st.   :o

Probably run one more cycle tonight to fix up some filming and maybe upload my latest version of them as well so I have a few less issues to fix this summer.  Then I will start packing up a few pieces a night, but plan to leave a few things up for a small valentines show as that is my wife's favorite holiday.

It will give new meaning to "red light" district.

Alan

Offline scharbon

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2014, »
First dark night is tonight

Tear down this weekend (unless wind helps me this evening)

Started Planning for 2014 two weeks ago
          - already have songs selected and purchased
          - new elements for the display already being resourced for building this Spring/Summer
          - family already rolling their eyes

Steve

Offline IndianaChristmas

• Patron Member
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2014, »
Last night (Jan 1) was the last run of the show for me.
I kinda envy the others that are getting to take display down.  Far too cold here to do that and it has been snowing to boot!
Unless there is an amazing warm up, my stuff will probably be out for several weeks!
Already planning on some changes for next year.  RGB elements will definitely be running!

Offline drlucas

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, »
I'm really a lot like the last two posts :)

Starting the build for next year...already got in contact with a guy who can help with my coroflake build as I want to do about 8 of them at a different size than whats generally available. Also want to get a 10' snowman to go along with my nutcracker...wonder if Sean has any design ideas to do that in a similar manner (the alternative is a coro snowman, but I have some design issues to deal with on that front).... also my megatree existing is going to be a matrix making a need for another megatree...have some ideas on how I can use my existing pine tree, but need to think that through ALOT more.

As for the tear down...another night -30 degrees but tomorrow it's supposed to be 32 so my intention is to get at least 1/2 the items down. The highest part of the roof where the outline and one active hub is sitting will likely wait until spring...anyone know how long that marine box can stay out in the cold for? should I keep AC to the box all winter. I doubt operating OR storage temps for a PSU and active hub were meant for conditions in the -ves.

-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline tbone321

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, »
The funny thing is that I got my first damage last night in the heavy wind and the sad thing is that I have to go out and fix it.  My wife has someone coming to see it with their child so it needs to be up and working.  And then, LOL, Sat begins tear down.

Offline Segull

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, »
After Epiphany for me as well.
And I still see people driving by the house  :)

Joe

Offline tbone321

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, »
Well, it's now dark over here until next year.  Teardown starts tomorrow.  Gee, I can't wait.    :(