Author Topic: two models, same node - how is it handled?  (Read 792 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
two models, same node - how is it handled?
« on: January 02, 2014, »
Hi,

I have a pixel tree topper which has a variety of shapes and patterns on it. 

For example, there is an inner star (from Holdman star), another star (from Holdman also) and some radians (flares -- like Holdman, only more) and also a larger
outer CROSS (square cornered cross) and a few of the nodes used in that larger outer CROSS are nodes also used by some of the other shapes.

So I can program effects against any of the individual models without issue.  I can even program effects against the models that DO NOT overlap fine.

So my question is -- what happens if I send effects to two models which both contain some COMMON (dual purpose) nodes ?  Is there an order of precedence or any way to define that one model takes priority over the other ... or is that overthinking the situation?

Thanks in advance,
Scott / taybrynn
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Re: two models, same node - how is it handled?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hi,

I have a pixel tree topper which has a variety of shapes and patterns on it. 

For example, there is an inner star (from Holdman star), another star (from Holdman also) and some radians (flares -- like Holdman, only more) and also a larger
outer CROSS (square cornered cross) and a few of the nodes used in that larger outer CROSS are nodes also used by some of the other shapes.

So I can program effects against any of the individual models without issue.  I can even program effects against the models that DO NOT overlap fine.

So my question is -- what happens if I send effects to two models which both contain some COMMON (dual purpose) nodes ?  Is there an order of precedence or any way to define that one model takes priority over the other ... or is that overthinking the situation?

Thanks in advance,
Scott / taybrynn

effects are generated left to right as you see them in the grid.

so if you had star then megatree as two models. when you click save (this si when the actual data gets created into the xseq file. it starts with the left most model, star in this case. it creates all of that effect into the buffer. it then moves to teh second column of the grid, megatree. it then creates that model. if there were common channels megatree would then step on the star effect. this, btw, would have the visual effect of layering two models together. as long as no common channels are there, star would shine though. or another way to think of it is the last model rendered is on top of previous models.
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login