Author Topic: Any effects that just chase nodes within a model in asc or desc order?  (Read 1172 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Is there any effect which can just chase a pattern in channel/physical node (numerical ascending/or/descending) order?

I noticed in single strang its got left/right, etc ... but I have some things which form shapes and one pretty cool effects is to
just chase the nodes around within the order of the model (like channel up or chhanel down order) ... which has the effect of
chaseing nodes say around the perimeter of a star or a cross, etc.  Right now I can't find any effect that will do that, as they
are just up/down, right/left, etc.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

Do not know if there is an easy way, but I suspect you could manually use the individual channels to make a model that would have the pixels in any order you  wanted.  That would let you specify just the outside pixels and then you could do any type of chase.

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Right, I know I could probably just say the channels are in a straight line from left to right (as opposed to the custom model which shows where they really are in terms of x,y) ... and then the LEFT to RIGHT would basically be in "node order" at that point?

The problem is I'm not using consecutive channels or necessarily all the channels in a range ... so the custom model is needed to specify which nodes are actually being used.

I guess the cheap and ugly solution would be to use the custom model but to just change their layout to a single left to right line ... which coudl then handle chases from left to right or right to left, etc.

If there was such a thing as channel asc or channel desc order even that might not work because my model uses nodes 91, 92, 93, 10, 94, 95 to represent its continuous shape and thats not even in numerical order ... so I'd have to have a way to associate object node order withen the object and that doesn't exist and probably isn't a very common thing folks would need.

Take a look at the attached picture ... in YELLOW is my outer CROSS and its composed of nodes but also makes re-use of nodes from other shapes (when a yellow box surrounds, then its also using it in the CROSS which is denoted in YELLOW).   For example, between 138 and 139 is re-used node 10 from the inner cross (lt blue).  So the correct order on the bottom of the big cross is ..., 138, 10, 139, ...

This shape build upon my previous 89 node topper (which had an inner cross and radians) and adds another 75 nodes to also created a second 4 point star and a large outer cross.  Many other shapes can also be made from this layout, but I haven't made models for them all yet.  This supper topper is 165 nodes and I run it on 2 SSC with the first being 89 and the second having the balance.  This way my programming on the first 89 can be shared with models from my 89 node toppers but additional model can be used against this super topper which has many more shapes possible.  Currently I don't use but just a small fraction of the capability of these because programming them has been a major challenge.  xlights models has made this so much easier, but its not perfect yet.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, by taybrynn »
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
this year as we improve the custom model, we will use this star as our test case.

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Thanks Sean -- I will provide anything needed to assist in this.  <res.

Scott