Author Topic: Running Star on top  (Read 1536 times)

Offline bassmants

Running Star on top
« on: January 02, 2014, »
I see guys are running 4-6' no problem to first node, but how about 12'?  My star is pixels and would be nice to run it from the zeus also.  Just wondering if I have to run some long cat 5's back to the MT next year from a hub or not.  Anyone try that length?

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: Running Star on top
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, »
6' is a good distance.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You should consider placing a pixel or two between the SSC and the first of the pixels you intend to light.  cover (blackout) the pixels that are regenerating the data.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, »
There is n need to black them out.  Just set them as null nodes in the controller setup.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline bassmants

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, »
So if I want to run up to the star, I can place pixels in between to carry the signal?

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, »
You sure can.  You can set them about 6 feet apart and set them as null nodes in the controller settings.  I am of course assuming that the Star is the only thing on that specific Zeus output.  Just remember that even though null nodes don't have channel numbers, they are included in the total node count the port supports.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline bassmants

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, »
Yes it would be alone.  Right now it's 100 nodes, so adding a few extra would be fine.  Thanks, I'm glad there's a way besides running a wire from a hub over there.