Author Topic: Zeus updates  (Read 9136 times)

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Zeus updates
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2014, »
and three additional Rs485 chips and sockets.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline elmo2resc

Re: Zeus updates
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Would you be planning on adding the option to the Zeus 8 as well ?
.  I was not planning it as space may be an issue. Not sure yet.

RJ

The Zeus 16 ver2 is saving me this year. I forgot I ordered two of them and was trying to figure out how to solve my issues with the hardware I had. My situation could have taken advantage of the Zeus 8 with the selectable universes if one was available. My situation is five 18 x 42 matrixes wrapped around palm tree trunks. I am using six 128 node strings. The problems were 2304 channels per matrix and the trees being at least 20 feet apart with only 4 universes of 4096 channels. Some are a further distance then that. I would have been wasting a bunch of channels, Zeus ports and boards to get it done. I know there are more parts I could buy to get around the issues but when I realized I had the Zeus 16 ver2 boards it made my day. It will allow me to use those channels on the other universes that would have gone to waist. If the Zeus 8 had the ability to fit this option it could have been done with five of them and not having to use the 16. I appreciate your designs and hope one day to see the option on all Zeus Boards. Thanks again.

Jerome

Jerome