Author Topic: New Show for 2014  (Read 668 times)

Offline bagley2000

New Show for 2014
« on: January 11, 2014, »
Need some help. I have been animating lights since 2008 but because I started a new business we have not had a display for the last couple of years. Now that the business is doing well we are getting back into Christmas lights again. I would like to add pixel to my mega tree six small trees and all my arches and canes. I am VERY new at the RGB side so I need some help figuring out what hardware would be the best fit.

Offline arw01

Re: New Show for 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, »
Check the wiki entries for Smart strings.

What hardware do you have now?

Offline bagley2000

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, »
  We have two Expresses two freestyles one lynx and a DMX dongle. Plan on building a RGB mega tree 180 deg 16 strand 50 node. Six small trees 180 deg 8 strand 20 node six arches 50 node each and twelve candy cane 14 node each. I plan on ordering all the lights from the Wiki unless there will be a coop soon. The other hardware is up in the air. I was thinking of going all   PixelNet 16 Port Active Hub just thinking down the road here and SSC for every strand.

Offline arw01

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, »
Look at the Zuess for the mega trees, the 16 and the 8's. There will be another co-op later in the year I suspect.

Alan

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, »
There are no coops for nodes but I would wait a few months before ordering to give Ray a chance to catch back up and resolve a few issues.  I would look into picking up an EtherDongle to handle the PixelNet side of things and use a Zeus16 to control the nodes on the megatree.  You can continue to use your DMX dongle for your DMX devices which will save you a lot of money that you can use on your nodes for the megatree. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving