Author Topic: ***********CLOSED Lynx Wireless Parts Only Kit Co-Op**************  (Read 34743 times)

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Hello All

Well we are getting close enough to send out notices for shipping payment.
90% of this Co-Op will ship to members using the Medium Flat Rate Box.  The AC/Adapters and the ESD packs are a bit to bulky for the small flat rate box.  Due to the cost of this Co-Op I am currently planning on adding insurance to the shipments.

It is not that I think there will be a problem but to be able to provide a level of protection.
Insurance is priced by the USPS on the value of the contents of the box.

I plan to start shipping if all goes well by Monday August 17 2009.

Bill

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
Hello Again

Packing continues I hope to have the programming of the pics done today.
As you know from the other posts that all the ESD items will be packed into one or two bags.  This will be the same as it was done for the NON-ESD items.  This does pose one unique problem.  The Transmitter and the Receiver use the same pic.  The only difference is the firmware that is used.  Since from the outside the pic looks the same no matter what firmware they have been loaded with, it will make it hard to tell when you take them out of the parts bag(s) which is loaded with what.  At first I was thinking of painting the end of the Transmitter pics but then I thought no I have a better ideal.

1.  Use the force to tell which is which.  Simply pass your hand over the Pics and let the force guide you.
2.  Assemble a transmitter or a receiver and swap pics until you find one that works.
3.  If you have a pic programmer re-program the pics when you take them out of the bag.

I believe that using one of the three methods above methods will yield successful results.

Bill

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member

Bill a small suggestion on the prorammed pics...     put a piece of white tape (any kind of tape will do) on the top of the pic programmed with the transmitter code.  Reason...   A:   transmitters are in the minority of the kits...    B:    see A:

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline REM

Either that or a little dab of whiteout or a T or R.

Offline magic8192

If suggestion 1 does not work, then you simply weigh the pics.  The heavier pic will be the one with the largest code.

Offline Blackbeard

Couldn't you just cut a few pins off of one or the other and let us know which ones you removed them from. I can't imagine we need them all if they're just used for lining up the IC into the socket.

steve

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
OK

As some of you figured out I was just pulling everyone's leg about not marking them.
I have already marked all the ends of the Transmitter pics using white out.
It takes a good bit of force to remove it so it should ship well.  Since it can be removed after you have them if you wish to remove the white square you can.

Since the Receiver code is the same for the Standalone or the LE receiver no mark is needed.

Below is a pic showing the two pics with one being marked.

Bill

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, by wbuehler »

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
When the chip is marked on the other end,,,    the chip is good for decrypting signals from planet krypton.   
 ;D
Going live in 2012

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
Started sorting the ESD packs last night.  With the help of the wife and son they are 95% complete.
I have sent out shipping payment PM's.  As long as I get your shipping payment by Friday August 14 2009.  I will ship your package out this Saturday August 15 2009.

There are two members that I did not send shipping payment notices to that will require special boxes.
I will PM you when I know what the shipping charges will be.

I would like to say thank you to a special member of this Co-Op who helped in a major way to make sure that we would all have wireless in a timely matter this year.  If it were not for this member parts arrival would have been much later in the year.  I will not say who or what they did.  That is up to them if they wish to say or not.

I would also like to thank my wife.  She stayed up with me until midnight last night to help sort the ESD bags.  And many other nights to sort the plastic bags.  It is also her birthday today.  So happy birthday.

Also many thanks to RJ and Family for creating the wireless and investing the time, money, and support to make it a reality.

Bill

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, by wbuehler »

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
Thanks AGAIN Bill.  Tell your wife a special thank you and Happy Birthday from all of us at DLA.

Ron

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Bill,

Thanks for all your time and work you put into making this happen for us. Your contributions to this community are very much appreciated.

Please tell your wife Happy Birthday from all of us.

That sure was a nice Birthday present you gave her. By “allowing” her to help you sort all this. I am sure she will remember this Birthday for a long time to come. There are not many spouses, with an August Birthday, that get to spend their time sorting Christmas parts. What a nice treat for her.  :)

Oh maybe that is just my fascination with Christmas talking. Please thank her and all the others that helped with this coop. My Christmas will be better because of them.

Thanks
Jeff

Offline REM

You could be working on your own show, but instead you choose to give back a major contribution to the rest of us.  I certainly appreciate you and all of the co-op managers and I don't underestimate what it is you go through!

Happy birthday Bill's wife!

-- Ron

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
Greetings,,,

Thanks for the work and extend another Happy Birthday.  And while we know any cake will be wireless, we won't ask how many leds will be on it...
 ;D

Keith

"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

JJ

Fantastic Job. Happy Birthday To Your Wife.

JJ

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
Just adding my thanks to the chorus...      this COOP has been a long haul but is now nearing its culmination with boxes going out soon..   Bill, without your single minded persistance , this COOP could have been a train wreck.   But between you and  Mrs. Bill, the wreck is not happening.    

And on an even happier note   -  Happy Birthday Charlie.    May the next year be even more rewarding and exciting than the last.  

Larry
Going live in 2012