Author Topic: ***********CLOSED Lynx Wireless Parts Only Kit Co-Op**************  (Read 34701 times)

Offline Blackbeard

I hate to be such a nuisance, but I got a few more questions about this re-flashing. I can't find the post describing the problem with the PICs, so I need to verify something.

Do all versions of the wireless need reflashing (TX, RX, EX/RX)? Or just the TX?

Is the link on the wiki now pointing to the proper firmware for download? I'm guessing that each version needs different firmware downloads - is that correct? For some reason, I thought that version 7 was mentioned somewhere, but I believe the name of the download has a '5' in it.

As always - I'm confused. (Still considering changing my user Id to something that indicates that so I won't need to keep saying it)

steve

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I hate to be such a nuisance, but I got a few more questions about this re-flashing. I can't find the post describing the problem with the PICs, so I need to verify something.

Do all versions of the wireless need reflashing (TX, RX, EX/RX)? Or just the TX?

Is the link on the wiki now pointing to the proper firmware for download? I'm guessing that each version needs different firmware downloads - is that correct? For some reason, I thought that version 7 was mentioned somewhere, but I believe the name of the download has a '5' in it.

As always - I'm confused. (Still considering changing my user Id to something that indicates that so I won't need to keep saying it)

steve

Steve

I have updated the links in the Wiki to point to the updated version 7 firmware.  This Firmware can be used with all Pic's no matter what date or lot number is on them.
At this time it is only the pic's that contain a number "9" in the lot or date code that need to be updated with version 7 in order to run correctly.  
This currently affects all pic's that were part of this parts Co-Op.

I have already re-programmed the pic's that were in the second set of shipments.  All pic's that went out with the first set of shipments will need to be re-programmed.
I will update the member list later today with what packages went out first.

Bill

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
Hello All

As you know most of the kits have now shipped.  I have updated the list to show the shipping status and what kits went out with the new wireless firmware that fixes the pic bug.  If your shipping column says "Y R7" this means that your kits have shipped and the pic's were loaded with version 7 firmware.  If your shipping column says just "Y" then this means your kits have shipped but your pic's were loaded with the older firmware and your pic's will need to be updated in order to work with the wireless gear.

If your column says nothing under shipping then I still need your shipping payment or the transaction ID so I can track down the shipping payment.

Bill

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, by wbuehler »

Offline mschell

• Christmas in Applegate
I'm away from home this week, but the wife says that a box showed up in the mail yesterday and it came from Bill, so I'm sure that it's all OK.

Unfortunately, I don't get back from the west coast till Friday, and, of course, my 3 LE's package from RJ is due to show up this week as well...
Mark
Kernersville, NC
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline wjgiles50

Got a box from Bill in the mail today.

Great work!

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
Postman just rang twice -- because he had a box from Bill!

Thanks for all your hard work Bill.

\dmc

Offline deplanche

Buehler, Buehler... the receptionist just dropped off a box for me from Buehler.   ;D

Offline MrChristmas2000

Houston, I got parts.  ;D

Now I've got work to do.

Thanks Bill

Tom

Offline MrChristmas2000

Is there any chance of extra parts kits avail?

Tom

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
Currently there are no extra parts kits available

Bill

Offline MrChristmas2000

Will there be another coop anytime soon?

Also I want to give RJ Kudos on this equipment build.

Tom

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
Moving to closed Co-Op section.

Bill