Author Topic: First order is in for next years xmas show  (Read 728 times)

Offline arw01

First order is in for next years xmas show
« on: January 14, 2014, »
Taking advantage of SP2 wire at half normal price, some regular commercial grade LED strings, a few strobes (not on sale) and some other miscellaneous items.  Most of these items are for the big tree to get started.  18 regular light strings sets that will run 50' down from the tree top in a variety of solid colors.

Plan to put that with rgb nodes for another 10 to 12 strands, some large lit bulbs, some snowfall or dripping items under the tree and that should be it for the year investing to the big tree.  If I find an in-expesive high lumen projector might try that as well projected onto the tree.

Offline drlucas

Re: First order is in for next years xmas show
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, »
How you going to drive the strobes?

-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline arw01

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, »
Initial thought is with a Lynx and program the channel in LSP to be either on or off, but might have to find a DMX mechanical type relay because of the number I may put up into the tree.

Alan

Offline drlucas

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, »
What do you think about these strobes? They are about $22 each. The cost could add up really quickly though...

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
-Ryan Lucas-
- Pickering, Ontario, Canada, Eh?! -

Offline zwiller

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, »
Placed my first albeit small order Monday as well.  As it turns out the order was for parts to test an idea with a low power MR16 for 1W leds as strobes amongst other things... 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."