Author Topic: Loss of Programming? [Solved]  (Read 2018 times)

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
Loss of Programming? [Solved]
« on: January 20, 2014, »
Okay...not sure exactly what happened, but my Zeus16 worked flawlessly for 15 days, all the way through Christmas night, but stopped working the day after.  I've tried reprogramming each of the channels and the strings flash just as expected.  However, once I run my show, the strings don't respond at all.  I've check the cat5 connections between the Hub and Zeus by trading out a known working connection.  I removed the program bridge so that's not the problem.  The LED on the board does light up when power is applied.  What would be my next steps to figuring this out?  Can the PIC lose programming and yet still accept the programming and flash?  Any help would be awesome!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, by loveroflife96 »

Offline tbone321

Re: Loss of Programming?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, »
I would reflash the PICs.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, »
Make sure you are using the newer utility that does not have the ability to chose ssc. It was causing an issue if you leave it set to SSc and program a Zeus with it. So I remove the choice to fix this.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, »
as long as you know for sure that nothing changed with your sequencer, I would start by flashing your pics. once you know all of your pics are right, double and triple check your set up in utility before you hit the button to transmit.
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline Rich Renn

• Renn's Lights for Charity
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, »
I was seeing that when I built my Zeus 8's they would flash but when testing in Xlights\Nutcracker nothing re-flashed the pics and they all work fine now.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, »
Just replaced them with the spares from another kit I hadn't completed yet and it works again!!  Thanks for the solution guys!

DJ

Offline tbone321

Re: Loss of Programming? [Solved]
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, »
You will still need to reflash those PICs to make them usefull again.  If you have a SSC V4, you can use it to hold the PICs while you flash them and the firmware is in the WIKI.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
Re: Loss of Programming? [Solved]
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You will still need to reflash those PICs to make them usefull again.  If you have a SSC V4, you can use it to hold the PICs while you flash them and the firmware is in the WIKI.

LOL...you actually answered my question before I asked it!!  Was planning on trying to reflash them and use them in another board!  Thanks for the info!  Love the Zeus..makes everything easy!  Wishing now I had invested in some Zeus8s :-)

Duane