Author Topic: wire colors  (Read 2780 times)

Offline kernal

wire colors
« on: February 01, 2014, »
The colors are different on the 3 core connector than the 3 from the nodes....   yes im a newbie to rgb!  help please
My license plate says blinky.

Offline mmais68569

Re: wire colors
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, »
colors do not make a difference as long as you stay with the same colors connection the same.
Example nodes Red Green Blue

Nodes Red yellow brown
connect the red to red, the green to brown & blue to yellow maintain this color combination all the way to the controller.

Hope I explained it clear enough..

Mike

Offline kernal

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, »
The three core connector has Blue Yellow Brown.   Nodes have RGB

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, »
I cannot recall if there is a recommended layout in the wiki. But as stated above you need to keep your color combo the same. For example: if you come out of the first SSC to the pigtail and you choose brown on the pigtail to use for data the brown needs to be used for data for all pigtails  and strings to avoid issues. If you put blue to blue, brown to red ect. It should stay that way throughout the whole display

Joe

Offline kernal

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, »
Thx for the help!

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, »
The big hair pulling problem is going between pixels and rectangles. the data and ground wire color changes. You have to look closely on your element to figure out what is +, - (ground), and data. Then as others have noted be consistent in your color translations. Making a chart will help greatly and you then don't have to remember every time you do it.

For example I connect the red wire usually + to the yellow/grn striped wire on the connectors etc.

If you accidentally switch the data and ground wire it just does not work, you don't break anything except you have to switch the two wires around.

Hope that helps.

Offline kernal

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, »
Ok, I am using light show pro.  I cant get the e Dongle to be recognized when I try to set up a sequence. 

eDongle (purchaced from other member) to active hub (purchased from other member)[powered by holiday coro supply], to SSC (from other member) to smart strings...  (i cut 6 off one strand just to try this out)...   

problems from the start include...  dongle not recognized by program...   dont know if SSC are flashed with picit....   power light on active hub not coming on....   im a newbie...

lol...  any questions??

<fp. <fp.

Offline kernal

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, »
ok i just looked and it says loaded with latest test ware...   what do i need to do?!?!?!  lol

Offline kernal

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, »
 <la..  when you stop laughing (with me of coarse) please help!  <la.. <la.. <la.. <la..

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ok i just looked and it says loaded with latest test ware...   what do i need to do?!?!?!  lol

Please be a little more specific. What is loaded with the latest test ware?

Do you have a PIC programmer? Do you know how to program PICs?

Is the e-dongle connected direct to your computer or through a hub? Does the e-dongle have it's data light blinking?

Did you configure the e131 driver in Light Show Pro and how?

Do you have a volt meter? Did the active hub come with the optional DC parts installed?

What version of the SSC do you have?

Is your smart string the pixels?

noobs can be fixed. LOL

Offline caretaker

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, »
First have you set up your Etherdongle in LSP?  With or without a sequence loaded select the "Options" tab and select "configure output".
Then select "Add Output" and from the drop down menu in the dialogue box that opens select "E1.31 DMX over Ethernet" and Leave the "zone/Network" at 1.
When the E1.31 Wizard dialogue box opens select "Next" then when the next screen opens use the drop down box for "Load defaults for:" and select Lynx Etherdongle. In the first column "ACT" make sure all the check boxes are selected for 1 to 32. Also make sure "Destination" is Muliticast Local Are Connection. Hit Next and then finish. You should be back at the "Output Plugin" screen with "E1.31" configured showing.
Now you need to load or create a new sequence and load the controllers you will need. If your just testing Load a Pixelnet controllers with the amount of Pixels you are testing. Right click on your controller after you have set it up and select "Test Controller Hardware" You may find that this causes the Pixelnet USB output plugin wizard to start, if so then let it do its thing then go back to the Output Plugin configuration box and removed the Pixelnet output plugin. Now create short animated sequence using the channels you want and under the "Play" tab make sure the "Output" selection is highlighted (It looks like a plug) then hit the play button.  If you really just want to test your equipment I suggest downloading xLights/Nutcracker and using that as it is much simpler to test hardware with.
Jeff Squires

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, »
I cannot recall if there is a recommended layout in the wiki. But as stated above you need to keep your color combo the same. For example: if you come out of the first SSC to the pigtail and you choose brown on the pigtail to use for data the brown needs to be used for data for all pigtails  and strings to avoid issues. If you put blue to blue, brown to red ect. It should stay that way throughout the whole display

Joe

There are 2 schemes for the smart string documented here:

The first is what we have been using for a couple years, and the second is what was implemented by the Technicolor strings. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline kernal

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, »
I knew i seen it i just couldnt find it!!!   THANK YOU! <res.

Offline kernal

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, »

Please be a little more specific. What is loaded with the latest test ware?

**the SSC's are programmed with test ware

Do you have a PIC programmer? Do you know how to program PICs?

**NO and No

Is the e-dongle connected direct to your computer or through a hub? Does the e-dongle have it's data light blinking?

**Competer - Edongle - Hub- SSC - Nodes

Did you configure the e131 driver in Light Show Pro and how?

** Wont Give me a drop down option

Do you have a volt meter? Did the active hub come with the optional DC parts installed?

**Yes and somewhat

What version of the SSC do you have?

**PCB's say V2

Is your smart string the pixels?

**yes

noobs can be fixed. LOL

**THANK THE LORD!!!!!!

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, »
I noticed in another post that the hub you have has a problem.

The hubs, although fairly simple in construction and operation would be a little difficult for a beginner to debug. Having a volt meter does help. You can determine if the hub is getting power and if it is getting to the appropriate components.

Have you ever constructed an electronics project such as assembling something like a hub? I.e. Do you have any soldering skills?

You have definitely taken on a challenge to get the dominoes lined up correctly. There are a lot of people around here that can assist you in getting this going.