Author Topic: Hardware DMX  (Read 5971 times)

Offline claytor1999

• Patron Member
Re: Hardware DMX
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, »
Hi Rick,

It's a Chauvet "Obey 40". I wanted to get a simple 6 channel dimmer made by another company but it cost $60. For $30 more you get 192 channels and, even though I won't use that many, it seemed stupid not to cough up the $30. Plus, if I ever win that contest to have ZZ Top play in my living room I'll be set.  ;D

I don't like all the buttons (around 30?) but my wife only has to push one when she wants to use it so I can put a smiley face next to it and she's good to go. Part of the reason for buying this is for her to see something practical come out of this hobby. She doesn't mind the money but my desk is in the living room so it's a bit of an eye sore.

Take care,
Robb

Offline Murl

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2009, »
Hi Robb,

Just curious: did you ever figure out what the problem was - or did you just leave the terminating resistor off?  Did that fix it?

Thanks for sharing!

-Murl

Offline claytor1999

• Patron Member
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2009, »
Hi Murl,

So far I've kept the resistor off but only because I got sidetracked with another part of the puzzle and wanted to keep variables to a minimum. I'm new to electronics, Lynx, and Vixen so the learning curve is steep no matter how simple the issue. : )

I'll let you know when I add the longer cord - thanks for asking!

Robb