Author Topic: trying out new RGB  (Read 2455 times)

Offline kernal

trying out new RGB
« on: February 02, 2014, »
I am trying to play with the new active hub and ssc's with smart nodes and I configured the Edongle already, but when I go to select com port...  this is what i get....

help please??
My license plate says blinky.

Offline tbone321

Re: trying out new RGB
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, »
The ETD does not use a com port.  It is an Ethernet Device.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline arw01

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, »
In the main ribbon configure outputs.  The e1.31 setup screen can be a bit "difficult" there are options to check that don't look like you can click them.  So go across that line that start out to get the other boxes.

Offline kernal

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, »
Ok, in some breaking news...  lol...  i was doomed from the start...  active hub (purchased from member) is not fully built and functional...  (which i was told was)...  oh well water under bridge now...  time to move on!  Thanks for feedback fellas!

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, »
active hub (purchased from member) is not fully built and functional...  (which i was told was)
I wouldn't go around accusing the other member of this.  As I saw on another thread, it looked more to be the case that you didn't understand the hub and how to power it.  The hub was probably fully built and functional, but just didn't include the 12v option.  Don't be too quick to point the finger.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kernal

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, »
Good point!  Sorry for making that assumption!   I was quick to over react when i seen the "you cannot use it like that"...  haha.  After further review...  lol. 

My apologies! 

Offline tbone321

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, »
LOL, sorry for the drama there with the cap cannot.  On the good side, ATX supplies are really low cost for the power that they can put out.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving