Author Topic: Pixelnet?  (Read 3410 times)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Pixelnet?
« on: February 03, 2014, »
I know you were talking about it at one point, did you get pixelnet to work?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

Re: Pixelnet?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, »
Who is this question to and what exactly is it about?  If you are referring to the PixelNet protocol itself, then yes it works and all of the smart string equipment uses it exclusively.  It provides 4096 channels per universe.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, »
Who is this question to and what exactly is it about?  If you are referring to the PixelNet protocol itself, then yes it works and all of the smart string equipment uses it exclusively.  It provides 4096 channels per universe.

I'm in the Panther section.  I'm asking if the creator of the device (Panther DMX Player) if they were able to get it working (able to support DMX and Pixelnet) since they were talking about it at one point.

Offline TexasStingray

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, »
I'm think off the top of my head here, I was able to get around 1500 channels thru the device at about 100ms no where near the standard 4096 channels. And with limited functionality.  At this point I am not sure that its worth releasing with these limitation.  I was thing about creating some videos on YouTube that shows how you can create your own firmware and interface with the device and send pixelnet out. But I wanted to wait
Until after the coop is finished and everyone that has it built has it working.
Scott Wanner
TX

Watch my videos

Offline tbone321

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, »
I'm in the Panther section.  I'm asking if the creator of the device (Panther DMX Player) if they were able to get it working (able to support DMX and Pixelnet) since they were talking about it at one point.

LOL, I forgot what forum I was in when I saw this post.  Now your question makes perfect sense.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, »
I'm think off the top of my head here, I was able to get around 1500 channels thru the device at about 100ms no where near the standard 4096 channels. And with limited functionality.  At this point I am not sure that its worth releasing with these limitation.  I was thing about creating some videos on YouTube that shows how you can create your own firmware and interface with the device and send pixelnet out. But I wanted to wait

Ok no problem was hoping you did.  I only need roughly 100 channels for what I was going to use it for.  SSC controlling landscape lighting.  :)  Guess Ill have to get a DMX to SPI controller.  No worries.  Thank you very much.

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, »

LOL, I forgot what forum I was in when I saw this post.  Now your question makes perfect sense.

:)  Thought I was doing something wrong when I saw your post.

Offline arw01

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, »

Well, a 1000 channels would be fine with me, I'd encourage some additional work on this.  Be nice to have some small "shows" run on items without all the goodies and cables all over the yard.

Alan