Author Topic: Whose starting to run out of money?  (Read 2714 times)

Offline knguyen916

Whose starting to run out of money?
« on: May 07, 2009, »
Wow I don't know how I can keep up with all these coops. I think i won't be looking at my bank account for awhile.  ;D

Offline REM

Re: Whose starting to run out of money?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, »
I'm right there with you!  I got my shipment of over 20 cases from yourbroadbandstore.com today.  My wife is being very patient with me to say the least.  It's amazing how stuff adds up. Things you'd never think of.  Whatever you think it's gonna cost, double it and you'll still be over budget.  I'm on a first name basis at the Lowe's.  Sure is fun though   ;D

Offline Greg

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, »
Yup.  I went over budget (for the year) a couple of months ago and more ideas just keep coming. 

I know its hard, but, at some point you'll have to accept the notion that just because there is a co-op doesn't mean you must buy.  Reality bites.  :'(

Greg
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wow I don't know how I can keep up with all these coops. I think i won't be looking at my bank account for awhile.  ;D

I am more than happy and will be seeking out credit if need be. This site is flourishing while other places have good intentions, well thought out and military style enforced rules but honestly have nothing but CoOp drought.

2 cents.   ;D

Leon
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline lortiz

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, »
Glad to know I'm not alone in this. Every time I receive email with coop payment request notification, my wife gives me 'the look' and comments, 'More lights stuf??? I thought last buy was the last'.

She will be saying that for some more time......   ;D

Barbara Sher - "Doing is a quantum leap from imagining."

Offline REM

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, »
Every time I receive email with coop payment request notification, my wife gives me 'the look' and comments, 'More lights stuf??? I thought last buy was the last'.

That's hilarious.  I've heard the exact same thing!  They just don't understand ;)

Offline memphislights

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, »
I ain't.  But then again, I am only out for my solder station, solder, some misc stuff, and  time.

BTW, I am just free labor, building and testing his controllers and dongle.  I also help with putting up his lights, but I don't have to deal with his other headaches.

;D
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, »
Glad to know I'm not alone in this. Every time I receive email with coop payment request notification

LOL

Offline Brad

• Patron Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, »
According to my wife, I started running out of money in early May......2007 ???

Brad
2007- 32 Ch Grinch, >6K lights...2008- 128 Ch Freestyle, 23,000 Lights, 2009- Lynx Freestyle & Lynx Express, 26K Lights....Wife thinks I'm nuts!

Offline Greg

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, »
notification, my wife gives me 'the look' and comments, 'More lights stuf??? I thought last buy was the last'.

I got a lot more of that sort of response last year, but now she's at least semi-into-it after last year's show.   :D
....  Crazy, Toys in the attic, He is crazy  ....

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, »
I just ask how many pairs of shoes she's bought this month and she stops bugging me.

Not really, she doesn't complain.  It's sort of like Greg said, after I got it all turned on and working last year the whole family was like "What can we do next year!"

Ron

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, »
I finally added up all the stuff I "committed to" in coops and it wasn't a deal breaker, but I knew I was going to be in trouble with the CFO.  Fortunately I had put money aside to go to Louisville for Plus 2009, but decided I could not afford it and am spending it on coops and going to the Carolina mini.  I did not realize how much I had committed until I wrote it all down.  LOL.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, »
I finally added up all the stuff I "committed to" in coops and it wasn't a deal breaker, but I knew I was going to be in trouble with the CFO.  Fortunately I had put money aside to go to Louisville for Plus 2009, but decided I could not afford it and am spending it on coops and going to the Carolina mini.  I did not realize how much I had committed until I wrote it all down.  LOL.

Yes but that's the ONLY way to do it!!!   ;) ;D

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline magic8192

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, »
I am way over budget.   I get a dirty look from my wife every time I mention spending money on the light show. 

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, »
We've adopted the "Don't ask, don't tell" policy around here.  This wireless beta has me getting Mouser boxes all the time.

Ron