Author Topic: Galaxia  (Read 3473 times)

Offline Cobergas

Galaxia
« on: May 08, 2009, »
Ok I do not know if anyone has or has not seen some of the things that I want to get excited about. Galaxia lights.. does anyone know any information on how these lights work? I am sure they run off a dmx system but the setup and orientation of the lights just blows me away.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you have not seen them take a look at that video. I wonder if there is a way to make a DIY version of thse lights to drive down the cost. Any thoughts? Anyone own a set of these?

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
Re: Galaxia
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, »
If you search the forum both here and at DIYC you'll notice we've seen the product. Being a DIY site,.. generally  it's not something we want to invest in but it had some interest. That is,... untill you see the price.   LOL

BTW, That house is the creators (doing a little advertising) and you're probably looking at somewhere in the vicinity (Total SWAG) of about $10,000 worth of Galaxia Product. However, if your the creator, you obviously can make it happen for much cheaper.  :)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline cmorda

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, »
Wouldn't you agree that JEC's point source pixels are a DIY version of these?

Chris
Ventura, CA

Offline dr. jones

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, »
Ok I do not know if anyone has or has not seen some of the things that I want to get excited about. Galaxia lights.. does anyone know any information on how these lights work? I am sure they run off a dmx system but the setup and orientation of the lights just blows me away.

If you have not seen them take a look at that video. I wonder if there is a way to make a DIY version of thse lights to drive down the cost. Any thoughts? Anyone own a set of these?

They are not off of a DMX system. Galaxia uses its own proprietary software to import images and text. It is all done throuugh pixel mapping. The software takes a video of a series of lights flashing to determine where each node is located and then maps the adjoining nodes
The system works with lor through a channel trigger.

Offline Cobergas

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, »
Ohh I saw the price.  The lights are in Cali and the company is located in Indy. I think it might be the engineer or someone inside the company. Either way I am sure they did not pay for them. I wonder who if anyone has purchased a set of these ad intends on using them.

Offline Ron

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, »
Galaxia started selling this last year at a workshop in Texas.  I saw them that week and I know they sold several sets.  At least one went to a gentleman in Tyler.  I'll see if I can find videos of his show.

Ron

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, »
Ohh I saw the price.  The lights are in Cali and the company is located in Indy. I think it might be the engineer or someone inside the company. Either way I am sure they did not pay for them. I wonder who if anyone has purchased a set of these ad intends on using them.

The reason I said what I said was from this. I read the response immediately after mine (#19)
I took it for gospel.  If the display is in California as you say I didn't realize it and never checked.

EDIT - Just saw the Jingle Bells Techno video. Scrolling at the end does say Monterey Park, CA. Not really sure who it is then.   ???
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, by WWNF911 »
Leon

Offline Cobergas

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2009, »
I guess you could say that the future looks BRIGHT (no Pun intended) for the lighting enthusiasts. I mean we thereare people like RJ in the DIY community spurring on more converts that will each bring something to the table the possibilities are endless. I mean shoot RJ has only had this up and running for just over a year I assume and look the participation and all the talent that he has engaged with. I am sure at some point the DIY community could give the major companies a run for their money and products. Innovation comes from people that strike out on their own and tinker and strive to be different and better.. I am very glad I found this forum and Rj and the whole group.

Offline dr. jones

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2009, »

The reason I said what I said was from this. I read the response immediately after mine (#19)
I took it for gospel.  If the display is in California as you say I didn't realize it and never checked.

EDIT - Just saw the Jingle Bells Techno video. Scrolling at the end does say Monterey Park, CA. Not really sure who it is then.   ???

It is from a Mr Greenwood
As I recal it was 1 controller , 12 strands and cost roughly $3000