Author Topic: Holidaycoro Pixel/Strip 12v WS2811 compatibility with SSCs??  (Read 5331 times)

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
Does anyone know if there are any compatibility issues between RJ's SSCs and the  12v WS2811 Pixels and/or Strips that HolidayCoro has on presale?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Luceat lux vestra

Offline vstar

I emailed dave at holidaycoro and he said his chip is ws2811 and that it should work with lynx equipment but I don't know if anyone has used it

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
I emailed dave at holidaycoro and he said his chip is ws2811 and that it should work with lynx equipment but I don't know if anyone has used it
Thanks, I missed the first presale so I will probably order them for the second presale(already started) and get them in July instead of May.
Luceat lux vestra

Offline therealbigjim

The strip 2811's light 3 leds at a time if you read the detail specs.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
Thanks, I missed the first presale so I will probably order them for the second presale(already started) and get them in July instead of May.

if you are ordering 12v ws2811 you could get them cheaper (and sooner) through ray.

all last year Ray sold the 12v ws2811  for $30 for 5m.

The beginning of this year, he dropped the price to $28.
Holiday Coro's presale had them at $27. Dave, correctly, highlighted he was selling them cheaper than the chinese suppliers
a few weeks later Ray lowered his price to $24 for 5m.

After HC presale expired, these flex strips went back up to $35 for 5m. Ray is still selling his for $24 for 5m.

You may know there is now a second chinese supplier that numerous people are going to, paul zhang

he does not have an aliexpress web page. if you want lights post links to the lights and he will quote price and shipping.

For example I asked Ray for
(10) ws2811 12v, $24
(10) tm1804, 100nodes. $36
shipping $90

Paul Zhang quoted this
(10) ws2811 12v, $24
(10) tm1804, 100nodes. $35
shipping $81

so about 3% less. I have not ordered from paul, but many others have placed orders in the $1-2K range. they have received those orders and are happy.

i think i will stay with ray because of his replacement policy. Ray is certainly slower than Paul at the moment.
I have talked to Ray and he is just now setting up a facebook page to make it easier to communicate with him.

so HC, Ray or Paul, your choice.

sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

I choose to order from the US supplier mentioned above.  It cost me less than $10 premium to support, and likely was less because I ordered other items that I would have had to pay shipping on anyways, so to me the strips and strings come as a bonus.

It is nice to have more options, and in my case they strips and strings will be sitting for months at my house or at the warehouse, so it was a push on the delivery time.

Alan

Offline Danbe

I choose to order from the US supplier mentioned above.  It cost me less than $10 premium to support, and likely was less because I ordered other items that I would have had to pay shipping on anyways, so to me the strips and strings come as a bonus.

It is nice to have more options, and in my case they strips and strings will be sitting for months at my house or at the warehouse, so it was a push on the delivery time.

Alan

You guy are lucky in US Only good support we have in Canada for me is from  Ray   Holidaycoro don't shipped in canada :'( :'( but good thank to member this site they order for me and shipped to my place went I need some item from Holidaycoro .I hope Dave can fix something in future for us outside US

Offline arw01

why not use a drop in the us side and just cross over and pick it back up?

Offline oj70chevy

sorry to bring this back up but its that time again to start ordering. maffeirw did you get any of the strips and how did they work? any issues?
Thanks
Ralph

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
WS2811 strips work fine with Lynx hardware, but I got mine from Ray.  Just be aware that the flexstrips have 3 pixels tied together for every channel.  Turn on channel 1 and the first 3 LEDs turn red.  Nodes are different.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline oj70chevy

I am wanting them for a roof line so I would guess that would be fine but not so much for a mega tree (where you cold put words or pics)?
Thanks
Ralph

Offline tbone321

Actually, on roof lines and leaping arches, the three LED's coming on at the same time is preferred.  Lighting a single LED in these situations IMHO, can be hard to see and tends to look funny (if you see it at all). 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline oj70chevy

got you. thanks. now bring on the ssc coop and the pixel sales. <pop..
Thanks
Ralph

Offline dmoore

You guy are lucky in US Only good support we have in Canada for me is from  Ray   Holidaycoro don't shipped in canada :'( :'( but good thank to member this site they order for me and shipped to my place went I need some item from Holidaycoro .I hope Dave can fix something in future for us outside US

Starting in 2015, we now ship outside the US to selected countries using DHL and Canada is included.

Offline rsriedel

FYI, Ray has some WS2811 strips 30/m 10 ics/m for $17/5M.