Author Topic: My first LE pool party  (Read 1906 times)

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
My first LE pool party
« on: May 10, 2009, »
This weekend, I had my first pool party after installing my Lynx Expresses. The LE was the hit of the party. It worked perfect all day. (Thanks RJ) People could not stop playing with it. I think RJs name was as popular at the party as it is on here. It was a Big success and lots of fun.

I think I wrote about my plans for the party on here back in December, but I can not find the link to it right now. For those that do not know about it, the short description is; I have lots of lights and fountains in my backyard. I switched all of them over from using x10 to using my new LE. I wrote a very short VB voice recognition program to control the LE. Then I walked around the party with a wireless microphone clipped under my shirt. I could walk by and control things by saying something like “Computer, Turn Patio lights on please” or “Computer, Dim Spot light please” or “Computer, Turn Fountain off please” or “Computer, Turn Music on please”. Of course the computer would talk back to me over the outside speakers and say things like “I am sorry the patio lights are at their maximum level”.

I know it does not have any piratical use, but it was a lot of FUN and went well with the Star Track theme. Besides I have to store my LE somewhere during the off season. I had tried to do this so many times with the x10 but could never get it reliable enough. The LE worked perfect.

Anyway, Thanks RJ, everyone had a great time and they are looking forward to the Christmas show now. Just thought I would share my experience with everyone.  Now, I have to go clean up.

Jeff

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: My first LE pool party
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, »
Hi Jeff

That sounds Awesome.

A very neat and clever application of the LE

Thanks for sharing

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, »
Thank You,

That sounds so Cool! Wish I could have seen it.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2009, »
Jeff,

Thats the coolest! and kudos to you for being able to write that script to make it work. To bad no videos. :D

Leon
Leon

Offline grossg

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
To bad no videos. :D

I agree with Leon.  Any pics or vids?  :)

Best regards,
Glen
"Westward leading, still proceeding
Guide us to thy Perfect Light"

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, »
Nice

Bill

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, »
I did not take a video during the party.  I will try and take a demo video and get it posted.

Jeff

Offline claytor1999

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, »
Sounds like you've put a lot of work into it - would love to see your setup.

Thanks,
Robb