Author Topic: Setup Problem  (Read 1894 times)

Offline mmais68569

Setup Problem
« on: March 24, 2014, »
I am trying to setup an older version of XLights on a Windows 7 computer. I setup the Xlight folder on the desktop & olaced sequences in the folder( no music ) this is running landscape lights. I converted sequence to Xlight format.
Set up the Lynx Dongle using "DMX Pro/ Lynx on Com port 1 last channel 512. The problem I am seeing is when I check the device manager it stated FTDI working properly Port #0001, Hub #0002. Could this be the problem or doI just need to use the newest version to make it easier.
Dongle has solid green & red lights. TX wireless transmitter has solid red light blinking green, EX wireless has solid red & blinking green. This setup worked on a XP computer 2 days ago soI think it maybe something with windows 7
          Thanks Mike

Offline caretaker

Re: Setup Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, »
You need to go into your hardware manager:  Control Panel-->Hardware and Sound-->Device Manager-->Ports (COM & LPT)  and you should see USB Serial port (COM x)  Right Click and select properties and then select the Port Settings Tab and make sure the Bits per Secon are 115200. The go back in Xlights and make sure you set the com port to the same one as your USB serial port. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am trying to setup an older version of XLights on a Windows 7 computer. I setup the Xlight folder on the desktop & olaced sequences in the folder( no music ) this is running landscape lights. I converted sequence to Xlight format.
Set up the Lynx Dongle using "DMX Pro/ Lynx on Com port 1 last channel 512. The problem I am seeing is when I check the device manager it stated FTDI working properly Port #0001, Hub #0002. Could this be the problem or doI just need to use the newest version to make it easier.
Dongle has solid green & red lights. TX wireless transmitter has solid red light blinking green, EX wireless has solid red & blinking green. This setup worked on a XP computer 2 days ago soI think it maybe something with windows 7
          Thanks Mike
Jeff Squires

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, »
Thanks I had the wrong port changed it & rescheduled & got this error message

Mike

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, »
My next question would b why do you not want to upgrade your xLights/Nutcracker?

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, »
Where is the newest version I am game to try it

Mike

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, »
All nutcracker releases are here:

The official Nutcracker/xLights facebook page is here:

and the forum is here:

Hope that helps.

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2014, »
Used a newer version everything is running.

Thanks Mike

Offline MrChristmas2000

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, »
Glad I could help. Thats what the forum is all about.