Author Topic: New Sequences using Vixen 3  (Read 12409 times)

Offline wesa5173

New Sequences using Vixen 3
« on: April 01, 2014, »
I have not seen alot of talk about the new Vixen 3.0 on this sight. I wanted to show a couple of my new sequences, and tell people how easy the new Vixen is. If you have alot of pixles V3 is a great way to sequence them. With the built in effect, and having Seans Nutcracker built right in,  I have been able to sequence 6 songs since January.  If you haven't tried it yet I would ask that you give it chance, beseides it won't cost you anything.

First two sequences done in V3
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Rich Renn

• Renn's Lights for Charity
Re: New Sequences using Vixen 3
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, »
Look Good

Offline kfxi

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, »
That looks really good, I am currently using version one, where can I download the latest version

Ken

Offline wesa5173

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, »
Ken,
 Go to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Danbe

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, »
Very nice  :)

Offline Gary

• Diamond Crescent
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, »
That is awesome! Looking at Vixen 3, it seems to have tons of potential for what I'm looking for in my light show: having slick Nutcracker effects built in and being able to do tons of effects/transitions with razor-sharp music timing is making me salivate!

Is it possible to overlay/mix RGB colour channels, though? In your video, it's mostly, Red, Green, Blue, and White... how about mixing Red and Green which makes Yellow, or mixing Red and Blue which make Magenta, etc.?

Offline tennhillbilly

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, »
Yes , very good

Offline egenoup

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, »
I used Vixen 3 for my 2013 Xmas show with the Conductor....

Offline wesa5173

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, »
That is awesome! Looking at Vixen 3, it seems to have tons of potential for what I'm looking for in my light show: having slick Nutcracker effects built in and being able to do tons of effects/transitions with razor-sharp music timing is making me salivate!

Is it possible to overlay/mix RGB colour channels, though? In your video, it's mostly, Red, Green, Blue, and White... how about mixing Red and Green which makes Yellow, or mixing Red and Blue which make Magenta, etc.?

Yes it is very easy to mix RGB colors. The transitions are done by using the built in color slider.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, »
You can produce any color that the RGB strands can produce.  Here's a link to my Mardi Gras light show that I put together in one evening from editing the video and sequencing using Nutcracker...all running with the Conductor.  Vixen 3 has to be one of the best programs I've worked with IMHO. 

Duane

Offline wesa5173

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, »
Duane,
 That looks great, are your mini trees dumb rgb or pixles. I'm having a hard time trying to decided if I should use pixles or dumb RGB for my min trees.

Those of you who want to check out the new Vixen 3, I would recommend watching the how to videos. This one will walk you through the full set up after you download the program.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, »
Duane,
 That looks great, are your mini trees dumb rgb or pixles. I'm having a hard time trying to decided if I should use pixles or dumb RGB for my min trees.

The trees were smart pixels....however this year I controlled them as string mode.  I ran into some issues with channel count and using the Conductor/Vixen 3 due to timing to test before the show started.  This year I plan on using them as smart strings so I can do some cool effects on them as well.  They were tomato cage style with cheap green big box garland wrapped around and then 100 count nodes per tree.

Duane

Offline wesa5173

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, »
Wow those are bright for only being 100 count lights. The ones I have used the last two years were 300 count mini icans. I don't think mine were as bight as yours. That go's to show you just how bright pixles are.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, »
Yea...in some of my Christmas videos you can see the difference.  The eight trees beside the mega tree are all incandescent lights with 300 of each color on the tomato cage.  The two trees next to the garage are LED and have 240 of each color on them and still aren't as bright as the pixels.  Thinking I'll dim them down next year because I'm planning on adding a few more mini trees.

Offline fantasydawn

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, »
Would you guys be willing to share your Vixen 3 sequences you've mastered?

I'm a newbie this year and could really use some base sequences to modify with my set up etc.

If you feel generous please email files to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I will definitely give you credit :) I don't have anything to offer in return except a GIANT Virtual Hug!

Fantasy