Author Topic: Beyond repair?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
Beyond repair?
« on: April 20, 2014, »
Hopefully this is not beyond repair   ...     This pic has already been adjusted once ...  three sides are now good.    This side ---  not so good.    (P.S..  this was one from a an early COOP   (a couple years ago)...

Larry   

ARRRRRRRGHHHH....    cleaned the solder off the legs and in attempting to pop the edge,,,     3 legs broke off....  now the chip is toast.........    -sigh-       checking Microchip but there appears to be two different (?) chips that this could be.....     PIC32MX795F512L-80I/PF     and      PIC32MX795F512L-80I/PT.   PF is the one that is on another board......   Does it matter which one is used (in the event I have too choose?)   (the board is fully populated so I'd really love to bring this board back from the dead heap by replacing this chip.    )....
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, by vairmoose »
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Beyond repair?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, »
You do need the PF.

The spacing is different on the PT. I believe I am saying the correct way. Not at home to look but the art number you have you need to use.

Did any of the pads come off? the chip can be replaced as long as the pcb pads do not come loose.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
Re: Beyond repair?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You do need the PF.

The spacing is different on the PT. I believe I am saying the correct way. Not at home to look but the art number you have you need to use.

Did any of the pads come off? the chip can be replaced as long as the pcb pads do not come loose.

RJ

PF it is then.   Thanks

Four of the pads may have some  damage to the pad  directly under the leads..   You can see the trace but it appears the copper was lifted.   Two of those traces do not appear to connect to anything..  two do..     I'm going to try to repair  .....   (fingers crossed).     

Larry     
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012