Author Topic: Setting Track number  (Read 2971 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Setting Track number
« on: May 11, 2009, »
Hopefully I can ask this question (Big Brother is Watching LOL)

I created a new controller (Lynx SSR4) basically copied the LE controller and renamed it and set it for 4 channels. Its start address (ie: Track) is #29. So my question is this. Can I renumber the tracks to start at 29 and run to 32 in the demo program? If not then I will have to get out one of my LEs to try some output with LSP

Thanks

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rmonty

Re: Setting Track number
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, »
Rick, off the top of my head I can't remember if the demo limits it to the first 16 channels in the list or the first 1-16 tracks.  I will check the code when I get home.  If you already have it connected, just give it a whirl, you won't hurt anything.  just might not work.

Don't worry about asking questions.  We are here to help.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, »
Rick I had asked David about giving us a Start Channel property to be able to set the devices to reflect the correct channel. He was looking at it but I got to get him some hardware to play with.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, »
Rick, off the top of my head I can't remember if the demo limits it to the first 16 channels in the list or the first 1-16 tracks.  I will check the code when I get home.  If you already have it connected, just give it a whirl, you won't hurt anything.  just might not work.

Don't worry about asking questions.  We are here to help.

No worries,

RJ and I are just messing with each other. He knows me well in my short time here.

I did get a out LE to try so the changing of the start address is not a problem now.

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, »
Hi Folks

I got my first test sequence running. At first the output button would not light up but once that was taking care of it worked just fine. Wondering if that is Kyle's problem?

So I am happier now :D, its only two channels running since I am just connected to my mini tree and that only has two sets of lights on it. But still pretty cool.

Cheers

Rick R.

Offline LightShowPro

• LightShow Pro Owner
    • LightShow Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, »
Sounds Great!
the LSP demo will allow 16 channels it doesnt care what channel numbers they are.
but I think you figured that out from the sound of it.
;)

also, would you like LSP to ask for the starting channel number when the controller is dropped on the sequence? then automatically number the channels from that number up ?

~David

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, »
Sounds Great!

also, would you like LSP to ask for the starting channel number when the controller is dropped on the sequence? then automatically number the channels from that number up ?

~David

Yes that would be very helpful

Many thanks

Rick R.

Offline LightShowPro

• LightShow Pro Owner
    • LightShow Pro
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, »
Sounds Great!

~David

Yes that would be very helpful

Many thanks

Rick R.

Great this feature is done, it will be in the next release.
~David