Author Topic: Feature Suggestions  (Read 3183 times)

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Feature Suggestions
« on: May 12, 2009, »
Will there be any ability to import Vixen sequences?

Thanks

Bill

Offline rmonty

Re: Import Filters
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, »
While I'm not supposed to tell you exactly what we have planned, it might be on the list of things to do.  We are working on another big feature right now (sorry not Vixen), but David and I have discussed what might come next after that.
:)

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
Feature Suggestions
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, »
I decided to start a new thread were we could group questions regarding features suggestions into one place.
If this is not OK please let me know and I will remove it.

Thanks

Bill

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
Re: Feature Suggestions
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, »
Maybe it is already there so someone can correct me but is there any kind of test channels window?
Something that can be opened were you can select channels and select the output level so you can quickly verify that you are getting output or for when you just want to quickly test a controller or device.

Thanks

Bill

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, by wbuehler »

Offline RPM

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, »
A few demo sequences would be nice to have with the standard installation.

Also, having DMX hardware support in the advanced version would be nice if someone didn't need to go with the full blown pro version.

Robert

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, »
Forgot to add if a test channels box is possible can it also be made to send a 0-255 value as well as a percentage?
Sometimes for low numbered start channels we use the test channels feature set up to send 0-255 in vixen to program the start address of a controller.  It is faster since we do not have to make up a sequence.

Thanks

Bill

Offline rmonty

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, »
David and I will discuss and see what we can do.  It will probably not make the first release since we are so close.  I will also add it to our feature request list.

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
David and I will discuss and see what we can do.  It will probably not make the first release since we are so close.  I will also add it to our feature request list.

Awesome

Thanks

Bill

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, »
does this have a background script like vixen, during off periods?

Offline rmonty

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, »
Not entirely sure what you are looking for.  You can have multiple shows and schedule different times for each different show, just think of it as a Outlook Calendar with appointments.  Your shows can be made up of just music if you want.  Also, you can make a media sequence, without effects, and have it run windows commands during the sequence.  Just right click on the wave form in the top of the sequencer and click show media clips.  Then right click again in the media clip section and click insert Windows Command.  You can of course use this with effects also, but I am assuming you want it to do something during the day.

Ryan

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, »
Change default Mouse behavior.

Is it possible to change the behavior of the Mouse?  Currently when a effect is chosen and applied like Chase it will stay on this effect until you select something else.  Would it be possible to have it default back to select?  Or could we get the an option were we could tell it what to default?  For me it would make sequencing faster since I could lay down an effect and then be able to select cells and apply different effects without having to first tell the mouse to go back to a select mode.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

Bill

Offline rmonty

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, »
I imagine a shortcut key to the select tool would be sufficient?

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I imagine a shortcut key to the select tool would be sufficient?

Yup sounds good I will give it a shot but it would save a bit of time if the behavior could be changed.

Bill

Offline rmonty

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009, »
Could a couple of you provide me some Vixen sequences to test with?  I will need all the files that you need to load and use it in Vixen.  You can just e-mail it to the address in my profile.  Thanks!!!

Ryan