Author Topic: Zeus16 ver2 Manual is available  (Read 1304 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Zeus16 ver2 Manual is available
« on: June 12, 2014, »
Hi Folks,

The new assembly manual is ready. My thanks to Ron Maffeirw for taking the time to build it and take quality photos of it.

You can get to it from the equipment page.

Rick R.

Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
Re: Zeus16 ver2 Manual is available
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, »
Very nice... Great job Ron  :)

Joe

Offline tbone321

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, »
I was looking at the manual and it looks good but I have one question.  Does the chip(s) being programmed need to be set to Universe 1 while being programmed?  I assume that it does if using the USB dongle flashed with PixelNet but I don't know if that holds true for the EtherDongle but unless the utility is sending the conjfig data on all 4 universes, it would appear that the chips being configured would also need to be set at universe 1 during configuration.  It may be a good idea to add the step of setting the port(s) being configured to universe 1 in the manual under the chip configuration section.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, »
I think on Zeus v1. I had to use universe#1 for programming, even using the Etherdongle, then after programming I could switch the entire zeus to any universe I wanted afterwards.

I'm kind of guessing you might have to do it that same way, since all the programming is really based on a 1-4096 channel range ... and then set your universe jumpers as you want them last.

The big difference being you select a universe for each channel instead of just one for the entire zero board.

Can anyone confirm?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline maffeirw

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, »
I think on Zeus v1. I had to use universe#1 for programming, even using the Etherdongle, then after programming I could switch the entire zeus to any universe I wanted afterwards.

I'm kind of guessing you might have to do it that same way, since all the programming is really based on a 1-4096 channel range ... and then set your universe jumpers as you want them last.

The big difference being you select a universe for each channel instead of just one for the entire zero board.

Can anyone confirm?

I believe that the Smart String Utility sends the same information across all 4 universes, therefore it shouldn't matter which universe is set when configuring the Zeus.  I just tested this by using the utility to program the first pic on a regular Zeus 16 that I have setup, while it was jumpered to universe #2 then moving the jumpers back to universe #1 and then I successfully ran a sequence that used the first pics channel range.

If you look at the test configuration I used for testing the v2, you can see that I went across the board with the universes for testing.
I programmed the Zeus v2 first by jumping each to universe #1 during programming then moving the jumpers to the 4 universes as listed and testing. I then reprogrammed each with the jumpers set to the final universes and retested with the same results.
Ron
Luceat lux vestra

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, »
Yes it sends the data on all universes for programming.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying