Author Topic: Putting in an order at Mouser, what to toss with it?  (Read 1076 times)

Offline arw01

needed a couple of items for the bobcat servo so ordering those and looking for other items to toss in?

I have a enough little fuse for the hubs and such from a prior order, and getting the fuse for my WESD51 that blew on the back of the pcb (looks like a diode) so that will be back up and running in a week or so.

Other other fun little items I should stock up on or ??

Alan

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
it can be useful to have a spare RS485 chip and maybe a voltage reg like the 7805 ... perhaps a spare LED in green and red ... but it really depends on what kind of hardware you have or play to have in the near future.

I can just say from my own experience those are the only parts I've needed to snag from other kits on occasion.  Usually because I did something stupid, then could not get the voltage
regulator back out intact ... or the 485 chip was flaky and its nice to have a replacement when needed.  I'm sure someone can recommend a better list than I can.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline arw01

The chip is smart, was always going to get a couple extra pics too just in case, will toss them into the mix as well, thanks.

Alan

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Might as well, since the shipping at mouser is steep. 
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]

Offline arw01

$4. 99 economy if the order doesn't get to big. :)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
That's not bad

Offline arw01

The 485 chips are not resolving there, they suggest a surface mount instead of the dip package ones.

Anyone happen to know the proper "new" part there at Mouser?

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
This is a major issue.  Nearly all of the hardware here at DLA uses that chip.   The single mfg closed that product line of DIP configured chips...  leaving only SMD available.    A quick check on Octopart shows limited availability of the chip from other sources  (at a higher price that what Mouser used to have them).    There are DIP to SMD adapters available but at not a small price (over $7 on a onsie purchase).       

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline pwalstead

Try the Mouser part# 700-MAX490EPA. It is a pin compatible 485 transceiver with the same specs as the ST device except for lower current consumption.

Offline pwalstead

I am sorry that should be the 700-MAX485EEPA or 700-MAX481EPA, I was looking at the wrong pinout on the data sheet.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
I used this mouser part for a non-Lynx board  595-SN75176AP  Never tried it with a Lynx product, but I did buy some extras so in case I needed a 485 chip in the future.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline arw01

I used this mouser part for a non-Lynx board  595-SN75176AP  Never tried it with a Lynx product, but I did buy some extras so in case I needed a 485 chip in the future.

Oh shoot, JUST ordered them and the chips I got were quite a lot more money..