Author Topic: Output Problem  (Read 3578 times)

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
  • Dont' that poster look dusty?
Output Problem
« on: May 14, 2009, »
Trying to get output.

Well I am trying to get some output from LSP but it has evaded me.
I created a new animation sequence and went through the default options.  After that I had a blank sequence screen to play with.  I dragged a Lynx Express 16 and added 1 to the sequence channels 1 - 16.  I opened the controller plugin options and set it up the com port and left the speed set to default.  I did a simple ramp up across 30 seconds.  I set the sequence to loop and click on the output plugin button on the top tool bar and I then got the light bulb.  I clicked on play and nothing happened.

I can open vixen and get output so I know that the com port, dongle and controller are OK.
Any other items that I need to check?

Also when I save a sequence and then go to reopen it I get stuck on the preparing audio screen even though I did not setup the sequence with audio.  How do I get the sequence screen back open?

Thanks

Bill

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
Re: Output Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, »
I couldn't get the "animation sequence" to work either.

Try doing a Media sequence.

Kyle
Excess is Success
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline kylec

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Lake Stevens
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, »
Also make sure to click on the little plug on the top menu bar to "enable output"
Excess is Success

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, »
like Kyle said

Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, »
Yea I got the little plug no problem.  I was just hoping that I could create one without audio.

Bill

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, »
Well that did it.  Media sequence works just fine.
I'm using a THX intro mp3 file.

Bill

Offline rmonty

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, »
We will look into why the animation sequence is not working for you.

Edit:  We have identified a problem that should be fixed in the next release.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, by rmonty »

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, »
We will look into why the animation sequece is not working for you.

Thanks

Bill

Offline RPM

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, »
I can't seem to get any DMX output with the "DMX Pro Universe" controller, but when I use any of the Lynx controllers it works fine.

Has anyone else gotten the "DMX Pro Universe" Controller to work for them?

Robert

Offline LightShowPro

• LightShow Pro Owner
    • LightShow Pro
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, »
Hi rpm,
the reason the "DMX Pro Universe" device is not working for you is probably because the controller channels dmx configuration are not pre-configured for a default intensity range. the Lynx controllers are preset with defaults known to work with the lynx dimmers.

to see what I am talking about:
- drop a lynx controller on the grid, then right click on a channel/track and edit its properties.
-click on the dmx tab, you should notice that the "Supports Intensity" checkbox is enabled and has a range of 0-255
-also notice that the "Software generated shimmer" ( and twinkle) are enabled.

if you compare those setting to the defaults that are on a "DMX Pro Universe" channel, you will see the issue.

-the "Supports Intensity" is not enabled. (which means that no commands that require intensity will be generated )
-effectively: you wont see anything receive an intensity other than zero.

although this is not a bug and by design, its less than intuitive...
I will change the defaults in the "DMX Pro Universe" controller channels, so as to prevent the confusion in the next release.

hope this helps.
David
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, by LightShowPro »

Offline wbuehler

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, »
We will look into why the animation sequence is not working for you.

Edit:  We have identified a problem that should be fixed in the next release.

Awesome

Thanks

Bill

Offline RPM

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, »
Hi rpm,
the reason the "DMX Pro Universe" device is not working for you is probably because the controller channels dmx configuration are not pre-configured for a default intensity range. the Lynx controllers are preset with defaults known to work with the lynx dimmers.

- drop a lynx controller on the grid, then right click on a channel/track and edit its properties.
-click on the dmx tab, you should notice that the "Supports Intensity" checkbox is enabled and has a range of 0-255

if you compare those setting to the defaults that are on a "DMX Pro Universe" channel, you will see the issue.

-the "Supports Intensity" is not enabled. (which means that no commands that require intensity will be generated )

I will change the defaults in the "DMX Pro Universe" controller channels, so as to prevent the confusion in the next release.

hope this helps.
David

David,

I never thought to look at the intensity settings.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Robert

Offline RPM

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, »
Hi rpm,

hope this helps.
David

David,

I never thought to look at the intensity settings.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Robert

Tried it out today and it works like a charm ;)

Robert

Offline vairmoose

• Patron Member
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2009, »
I must be missing something basic,   I am still unable to get any blinky on my LEs using LightShowPro. 

I had removed LSP and scrubbed the LSP folder of any old files that came from earlier installations.  Reinstalled LSP RC2.  On startup, received notice of update to   One dongle set to commport 5.  (confirmed that everything is working by using Vixen).    One LE hardwired (cat5) to the dongle.   All of the channels were checked and they all are set for levels.   

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Larry
3 today (standing at light switch, holding two lighters)
Going live in 2012

Offline rmonty

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2009, »
Larry, sorry for not getting back to you, and we have not forgotten about you.  We have made some changes (some at direction of users here) and are trying to get a new release candidate out.  I would like to get this new RC out for you to install and use to troubleshoot rather than troubleshooting what you have now.  We should be releasing it very soon.  Just want to do a little additional testing first.  We really appreciate your patience and helping us test the release candidates.  I think there will be some happy users here with some of the new changes. :)

Note: Make sure that COM port is not being used by anything else and also make sure you did not set up a animation sequence instead of a media sequence.  The animation sequence will be fixed in the next release.