Author Topic: What is the DMX module  (Read 5107 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: What is the DMX module
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
for the hardware connection see the table in the equipment page

Rick R.

So according to the table if I used a RX and sent DMX to the Express, it wouldn't work?  Hmmmm

Leon

I have no clue how you came to that conclusion

The stand alone RX receiver sends out the dmx string and connects with cat5. The LE will act just like its a wired connection. Dmx out and dmx out2 will have info on it.

The EX/RX receiver by passes the dmx in and dmx out. So starting with v3 boards there is a dmx out 2 which will send out signal.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, »
I have no clue how you came to that conclusion

Well,... the table used to say EX/RX. Somehow it changed (Thanks Larry  ;) ). I was only bustin your chops Rick.   :)

I don't know why anyone would want to either.   LOL

Leon

PS - Sorry to have joined in on the HI-jack. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread.
Leon

Offline lizard050

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, »
Thanks that answered my question.  For some reason I was hoping that by using the ex/rx with mod I'd be able to get dmx out of a ver 2 express.  Not sure where I got that thought from though.  I'll just have to get in on the next  coop so That I can get another controller ver 3 and save the $18 between ex/rx and the rx.  As good of excuse to give my wife as any to add more channels.  LOL

Brad 
Brad
South Florida